• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MELONHEAD
    • Apr 2010
    • Curlewis NSW

Diesel injector washers

Hi all. I am now the proud owner of a MY10 DiD manual RX Pajero. It is about to clock up 200000km so I am going to replace all fluids, filters, grease everything, check/set tappets, clean intake manifold/EGR, fit crankcase breather catch can and fit the resistor to the MAP sensor wire to disable EGR. I have been searching all over this forum and the interweb trying to see if the injector washers are a commonly replaced service item like many other brands of common rail diesel engines that need replacing at 90000 - 100000km intervals, but have not found any mention of them for the Pajero. I was wondering if anyone knows if the injector washers are a service item that need to be replaced at a specified interval, or do they only need to be replaced when injectors are removed?

Thanks for your help

Lee
    2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
    1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.
  • Rnn_onmt
    • May 2017
    • Freo ish

Injector washers??? Never heard of em.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanMelSA
      • Jan 2009

injector seals, just small copper washer, ideally they would be replaced every time injector comes out.

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

My son had a diesel ASX and the injector seals on it were supposed to be replaced at specific intervals – if they are not replaced they leak and cause corrosion to the port where the injector is installed – we had a big issue with this on his vehicle.

Don’t know about your model Pajero but you should check with the Mitsubishi service people. I know with my NP (pre-common rail), the seals only need replacing when the injectors are removed and reinstalled. It may be different with the common rail models however.

Cheers

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Morville
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2008
          • Buxton Vic

I've never heard of any injector seals needing regular replacement on the common rail 4M41. The injector lines need to be replaced after every 5 removals to remove the rocker cover for valve adjustment.
          Possibly Melonhead means the seals in the rocker cover where the injectors protrude, they should be replaced each time the rocker cover is removed. They do leak oil after time if not replaced.
          If they are not leaking now it can be left until the next valve adjustment.
          Mitsubishi call the seal kit a "valve adjustment seal kit".
          Peter

Comment

• MELONHEAD
            • Apr 2010
            • Curlewis NSW

[QUOTEPossibly Melonhead means the seals in the rocker cover where the injectors protrude, they should be replaced each time the rocker cover is removed.[/QUOTE]

I definitely mean the copper washers that seal the injector nozzle against the cylinder head to stop combustion gasses and fuel from leaking past the injectors into the rocker area.

As GHendo has said, ASXs need regular replacement, Hyundai ILoad need 90000km replacement or engine damage is common, 3 litre Hiluxs need regular replacement, Mercedes Benz Sprinters need regular replacement. These are some of the vehicles I have experience with and they all need regular injector washer replacement, so I was surprised but happy when I could not find any information about the Pajero.
            2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
            1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
              • May 2017
              • Freo ish

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
              Injector washers??? Never heard of em.

Retard!

Comment

• MELONHEAD
                • Apr 2010
                • Curlewis NSW

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
                Retard!

Don't be so hard on yourself. I feel stupid everyday

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                  • May 2017
                  • Freo ish

Originally posted by MELONHEAD View Post
                  Don't be so hard on yourself. I feel stupid everyday
                  You said hard on pffft lol[emoji12]. I heard washers as in a system of washing...

Comment

• csimic
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Maitland

[QUOTE=MELONHEAD;558910]Hi all. I am now the proud owner of a MY10 DiD manual RX Pajero. It is about to clock up 200000km so I am going to replace all fluids, filters, grease everything, check/set tappets, clean intake manifold/EGR, fit crankcase breather catch can and fit the resistor to the MAP sensor wire to disable EGR. I have been searching all over this forum and the interweb trying to see if the injector washers are a commonly replaced service item like many other brands of common rail diesel engines that need replacing at 90000 - 100000km intervals, but have not found any mention of them for the Pajero. I was wondering if anyone knows if the injector washers are a service item that need to be replaced at a specified interval, or do they only need to be replaced when injectors are removed?

Thanks for your help

Lee

Hi if it has injector crush washers they must be replaced every time the injectors come out. The cost of the kit is about $240 to do the valve clearances. But yes for sure all "crush" washers need to be replaced when the injector is taken out if they have washers which 90% of diesels do. Cheers Mick H
                    2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

• MELONHEAD
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Curlewis NSW

Yes I am aware the injector washers need to be replaced when removing injectors for any reason, but many new diesel vehicles require the injector washers to be replaced as a service item at a specified interval, requiring the injectors to be removed for the sole purpose of replacing the washers. This is the info I was after, and it seems so far that the Pajero has been designed/built properly where this is not necessary.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X