X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bambam351
    • Mar 2013
    • albany,wa

They look like the 4 year old 40k Maxxis 751's I just replaced.
    265/70R16 - 6ply but not LT rated.
    Max pressure cold on side wall was a low 36psi - always ran them at this or up to 40 cold.
    The Gen3 Pajero is a heavy beast and had to run them this high especially in the rear so they weren't baggy and wallowy. Hook the camper on and load up the back and roof rack and these tyres just don't cope nicely.
    Fitted 10 ply Mickey Thompson STZ 10 ply's - chalk and cheese.
    Haven't had the camper on yet (damn - soon) but they feel,handle, look and sit so much better at similar pressures I wonder how I did 40k with them...

I put the cracks in my Maxxis 751's down to over inflation and overloaded. 4 years old and lives in a garage - doubt the elements are to blame. Have done there fair share of gravel and corrugations but nothing extreme.

Not saying this is related in any way to the OPAT II - hell I nearly bought them but went with the MT at the last minute. Time will tell if I chose right.....

Comment

• Patagonia
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Wicks747 any news from Toyo people? Had not seen this thread so I had a look at my tires...

Photos are from two different tires and look pretty the same (its just one photo I took it right after living the car wash hehehe) Definetely not looking good, I have even a lug missing! I did not had to move the car to find them, I saw a some small cracks besides these ones and suspect there could be more.

Tires have 7 month on the NS (and 1 year since manufacture) and 10.000 kms, no hard work but arround 2 kms of dirt road every day that I drive slowly and one small dirt/rocky climb before arriving home where I ussualy have same slip and TC kicking in. Weather here is also not and issue, kind of dry and had a hot summer but usually not going over 32-33c.
      2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
      Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
      31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
      2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Wicks747
        • Oct 2014
        • Alice Springs

Spoke to a Toyo rep on the phone and he basically said they believed my cracks was stone and rock damage early on in the tyres life and the damage done to the tred blocks has since worn out, which I don't 100% agree with but they said to keep an eye on the tyres and if it gets worse get back in touch. The tyres that I had on the back were put on late and still look ok. So I have rotated them to the front and see how they last over time.
        Sold 2004 PA Challenger
        Current 2010 XLT Ford Ranger. TJM winch bar, ARB rear bar, Gme uhf, Goodyear Wranglers, dual battery, light force blitz 240s, hard korr lightbar, bushskinz bash plates. Helical torque lock lsd.

Comment

• lds
          • Jul 2011
          • Adelaide

cracked tyres

Wicks 747,
          Google Toyo USA and they had recalls for their tyres.Not sure if they were befor yours but have a read
          LDS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X