X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Bishi
    • Apr 2012
    • South West WA

I have been using the "Cost Effective Maintenance" products for about 18 months now on my 95 Rodeo 2.8 TD & 1994 NJ Pajero 2.8TD and have been very happy with the results.

Using the oil flush has kept the engine oil clean & the AW10 assists the oil giving quieter operation and I have noticed that I can get more revs out of the engines than before I started using it.

I use the FTC decarbonizer & the CRD fuel enhancer together which has given smoother running, better starting and increased fuel economy. The Rodeo has gone from 10L/100 to 8.5L/100 and the Pajero from 11.7L/100 to 10.5L/100 on average.

The CRD (Common Rail Diesel) enhancer will be best in a newer common rail engine for lubrication of the pump & injectors which on the newer Pajero's should hopefully save having to do a pump rebuild caused by water & poor fuel lubrication.

I have just ordered a bundle of the CEM products and am keen to try the CleanPower injector cleaner on the 2002 Pajero 3.2DID I just bought as well as the others I have been using previously.
    1994 Volvo 850 T5 2.3 Turbo Wagon
    1997 Pajero GLS 2.8TD Wide Body
    1994 Pajero GLS 2.8TD Import High Roof
    1995 Holden TF Rodeo 2.8TD Dual Cab Ute
    2002 Pajero NM Exceed 3.2TD Did

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

As yet, I have not used CEM in my NW Pajero, but I am considering doing so. I have noted that after I have towed my caravan fro a trip somewhere, the Pajero seems to be much quieter, even on cold startup, and it seems to go much better. Eventually, it drops off a bit in performance, but the economy seems to be much the same. I do use 2 stroke oil (when I remember to put it in before filling). I suspect that a good hard workout will clean the injectors - maybe not as well as CEM, but still a clean.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by erad View Post
        As yet, I have not used CEM in my NW Pajero, but I am considering doing so. I have noted that after I have towed my caravan fro a trip somewhere, the Pajero seems to be much quieter, even on cold startup, and it seems to go much better. Eventually, it drops off a bit in performance, but the economy seems to be much the same. I do use 2 stroke oil (when I remember to put it in before filling). I suspect that a good hard workout will clean the injectors - maybe not as well as CEM, but still a clean.
        Too many diesels spend a lot of time in city traffic. Not an environment that is rerally suited to a diesel. A good hard run once a month will help keep the internals a bit cleaner. I use the 2 stroke as well.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Peterng
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2013
          • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          Too many diesels spend a lot of time in city traffic. Not an environment that is rerally suited to a diesel. A good hard run once a month will help keep the internals a bit cleaner. I use the 2 stroke as well.
          I was having a chat to a diesel mechanic and we were talking about diesel additives.

He himself many years ago was quite sceptical about adding additives to diesel, because as he put it, there was so much play in the system, with mechanical pumps and the diesel pressures and so forth, an additive would have had "limited effect as best"

Now he says times have changed, with better design, injector design, common rail,pumps, pressures, electronics etc, "the old diesel has tightened up its act " and now he is noticing big differences in diesel performance with additives.
          He mentioned that there are two dominate manufacturers of diesel delivery systems...Denso and Bosh and they have a little difference with the design of the seals on the injectors.
          The Denso system has a "fraction drier seal lubrication" than that of the Bosh and as such he has seen first hand, that 2 stroke added into the diesel at the prescribed rate will benefit immensely the injectors on the Denso.
          Whilst with the Bosh injector design, adding 2 stroke will has a not much benfit.
          The Paj has been using the Denso delivery system, he did not mention the Pajero Sport..
          He is now a big fan of reputable additives in diesel for the many CRD's that are in the market place.
          Fill up...diesel and additive every time...even the manufactures are getting into the act, they try to flog their own brand of diesel additive.
          At present he was saying the jury is still out on the reliability of the "piezo" being incorporated into the electronic part of the injector.
          This he said is supposed to shorten the time taken for the delivery system CPU to talk to the injector,electronically so the injector can operate faster and allow more "controlled squirts" of diesel directly into the cylinder through the piston cycle.
          There is a cleaner burn and helps with pollution of the engine, thus manufactures can put the engines into auto markets that have stricter emissions...ie European..
          He mentioned numbers the amount of time the injectors open and close per piston cycle...but he lost me in the conversation with "piezo" chips.
          Toyota have gone into this new technology.
          He laments that the cost of an injectors and now is getting out of control and with the new technology and so the price of injector repairs will skyrocket.

I asked him about the Paj's 4m41 engine and what they are like to work on.
          .."built like brick shitehouse"...regular maintenance, change filters, good oils.
          They pull like a train, heaps of spares, heaps of safety built into them, good design been around for yonks...seen one or two clock over 560k without major repairs being done. Easy to work on and any diesel mechanic worth his trade could work on them blindfolded."

Then I asked him what 4wd he has got...he smiled...."Pajero of course.."

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
            I was having a chat to a diesel mechanic and we were talking about diesel additives.

He himself many years ago was quite sceptical about adding additives to diesel, because as he put it, there was so much play in the system, with mechanical pumps and the diesel pressures and so forth, an additive would have had "limited effect as best"

Now he says times have changed, with better design, injector design, common rail,pumps, pressures, electronics etc, "the old diesel has tightened up its act " and now he is noticing big differences in diesel performance with additives.
            He mentioned that there are two dominate manufacturers of diesel delivery systems...Denso and Bosh and they have a little difference with the design of the seals on the injectors.
            The Denso system has a "fraction drier seal lubrication" than that of the Bosh and as such he has seen first hand, that 2 stroke added into the diesel at the prescribed rate will benefit immensely the injectors on the Denso.
            Whilst with the Bosh injector design, adding 2 stroke will has a not much benfit.
            The Paj has been using the Denso delivery system, he did not mention the Pajero Sport..
            He is now a big fan of reputable additives in diesel for the many CRD's that are in the market place.
            Fill up...diesel and additive every time...even the manufactures are getting into the act, they try to flog their own brand of diesel additive.
            At present he was saying the jury is still out on the reliability of the "piezo" being incorporated into the electronic part of the injector.
            This he said is supposed to shorten the time taken for the delivery system CPU to talk to the injector,electronically so the injector can operate faster and allow more "controlled squirts" of diesel directly into the cylinder through the piston cycle.
            There is a cleaner burn and helps with pollution of the engine, thus manufactures can put the engines into auto markets that have stricter emissions...ie European..
            He mentioned numbers the amount of time the injectors open and close per piston cycle...but he lost me in the conversation with "piezo" chips.
            Toyota have gone into this new technology.
            He laments that the cost of an injectors and now is getting out of control and with the new technology and so the price of injector repairs will skyrocket.

I asked him about the Paj's 4m41 engine and what they are like to work on.
            .."built like brick shitehouse"...regular maintenance, change filters, good oils.
            They pull like a train, heaps of spares, heaps of safety built into them, good design been around for yonks...seen one or two clock over 560k without major repairs being done. Easy to work on and any diesel mechanic worth his trade could work on them blindfolded."

Then I asked him what 4wd he has got...he smiled...."Pajero of course.."
            Nice to read an unbiased report...lol He,s right though. Thats why I bought the Paj. Been around for years and bulletproof.
            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• boostboost
              • Jul 2016
              • Sydney

What's the difference between Clean power fuel injector cleaner and CRD Fuel Enhancer ? Can both be used at the same time .?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
              Last edited by boostboost; 16-02-17, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• twisted32
                • Jan 2015
                • Adelaide

Cleanpower is for non common rail diesels and petrol engines, CRD enhancer is for common rail engines.
                Both are essentially a lubricant/cleaner.
                MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Peterng
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Northern Rivers NSW

I have mentioned in a previous post, the my mechanic left in the Cost Effective Maintenance Oil Flush, it was a case of him, thinking doing an oil flush is expensive, so he left the oil flush in.
                  I have not touched the flush yet, as I intend too in about another couple of weeks, give or take..

Its been about 2 weeks since...

I noticed just today that the tacho needle spins up quickly and doesn't have that typical diesel movement, where the tacho needle just seems to doodle through the rev range (sort of takes its time..getting there so to speak).

It feels like i've got a "flexible revy" motor...but something has changed, I can't put my finger on it at this stage...

Strange...

I'll take it back to the mechanic for a second opinion, to see if I am just imagining this stuff..
                  Last edited by Peterng; 15-02-17, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• boostboost
                    • Jul 2016
                    • Sydney

I wonder if the oil flush has altered the viscosity of the oil in anyway ?

Comment

• Merts
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Bendigo Vic

Considering the instructions say to fast idle whilst the vehicle is stationary for 30 minutes, and then drop the oil, I would think driving it around for a few weeks with it in the engine is a very, very bad idea.
                      Merts
                      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                        Considering the instructions say to fast idle whilst the vehicle is stationary for 30 minutes, and then drop the oil, I would think driving it around for a few weeks with it in the engine is a very, very bad idea.
                        My thoughts as well. I would be under the impression that the flush has diluted the oil to a runny consistency ready to be dumped. I would be changing oil asap. The oils viscosity would have changed considerably. From treacle to water......cant be good for bearings. Would help clean the motor though.
                        Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• twisted32
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Adelaide

Peterng, did the mechanic put in a full dose ( 12.5ml per litre) or a maintenance dose (2.5ml per litre)?
                          The FOC is detergent based, not solvent based like many, which means it can be driven left in and driven with at low percentages without thinning out the oil. I have been using their gear for around 5 years, and often leave and drive (not under heavy load) a 2.5ml/l dose in for an hour or two before an oil change.
                          Having said that, if the engine was dirty, the filter would probably be very blocked by now.... I would be dumping that oil today...
                          MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Poita
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
                            Cleanpower is for non common rail diesels and petrol engines, CRD enhancer is for common rail engines.
                            Both are essentially a lubricant/cleaner.

When I rang them about my DiD NP, he recommended getting the CRD Enhancer as it had better lubricating properties, especially considering the issues we have with the injector pumps.
                            NW VRX MY2013
                            Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Dicko1
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2014
                              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Poita View Post
                              When I rang them about my DiD NP, he recommended getting the CRD Enhancer as it had better lubricating properties, especially considering the issues we have with the injector pumps.

I have a bottle of this too. However the blend ratio is 8000:1...(10ml per 80litres)....I just cant see this big ratio assisting or having any effect on the motor or pumps!!
                              Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• boostboost
                                • Jul 2016
                                • Sydney

How do you get the 10ml down into the fuel tank ? 10ml is barely anything and would probably stick to the filler tube on the way down..

Seriously though... how are people getting it down ?

I contacted CEM and this is what they had to say..

" We have plenty of Paj customers and with such low Kms I would be running the CRD Fuel Enhancer as often as possible .
                                This will ensure those injectors are keeping the spray pattern to new Spec .. A good spray pattern ensures a good fuel burn ..

No need to run the Cleanpower as the CRD is a stronger version and designed specifically for common rails . It also has added lubricity to protect the common rail ..

The FTC is fine to use every tank and will help keep thinks clean ( you could use this every second to third tank and it will still have a good cleaning effect )
                                "

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X