• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aargee
    • Jul 2007
    • Limestone, QLD

I replaced the stereo in my ZJ Outlander

After doing the double din conversion on the NP Pajero, I tackled an even more difficult job of putting a new head unit in our new(ish) Outlander.

You can read about it on my Blog...
  • Darwiniandude
    Valued Member
    • May 2008
    • Adelaide

Excellent write up. While I don't have an outlander I'd like one in the future, and the factory head unit setup looks the same as in my wife's 2014 lancer, complete with dropping out issues. Also, playing audio over Bluetooth, you take a phone call, then after the call the music continues, then stops, why? Because the iPhone auto resumes after a call. But the car thinks a Bluetooth device wouldn't do that, so it does the Bluetooth play/pause command. So stupid.

Anyway, very helpful write up.

I love Pioneer and nearly went down that path, but I got a Sony XAV701BT which went in my NP.

The Sony, after I got it, added a feature in a firmware update: long press home button triggers phone voice dialling... In other words, I long press Home on the head unit and it activates Siri.

Can't believe the factory Mitsi units cannot be switched to use the phone's voice recognition instead of the cars. The car system is useless in comparison.

/rant

Great site... Liked the iSub mod too
    Adelaide
    2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X