• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wingnut
    • Jun 2011
    • grafton

update sat nav V17

Just got of the phone to MM and my new version 17 is in the mail. I got my new NT platinum on the 6/4/2011 and was a Feb 2011 build. They were a bit hesitant about it as the new version came out in May and they were makink a decision about who was going to get the upgrade,so I said that it would be a good idea to offer it to me as a goog well gesture. After 2 weeks they rang me and said they would mail it out and happy travelling.
    So I suppose the old addage "if yiu dont ask you don't get the answer.They also said that anty vechiles built in or after May2011 would have V17 in them.
  • Paj11
    • Jun 2017
    • Sydney

What is the latest version and much is it?
    2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• symo
      • Jan 2012
      • Brisvegas

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
      What is the latest version and much is it?
      v23 $200

Comment

• Paj11
        • Jun 2017
        • Sydney

ok thanks, how much from Mitsi dealer?
        2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• symo
          • Jan 2012
          • Brisvegas

My dad asked earlier in the week for his and they said they don't sell / support the older DVD based mmcs software any more.

Comment

• Keggsy
            • Jul 2017
            • Tamworth

I managed to find a download for V19 and now V20. I only picked up my NT on the weekend and it came with v17 and 2009 maps...which was really annoying as anything... Now i have 2013 maps at least... but i was in the same boat, MM said that they not provide support to older MMCS systems that use DVD anymore. Still trying to find more recent maps though.

Comment

• vrx26
              • Sep 2014
              • Melbourne, Victoria

Try Navshop.com.au they still support NS-NW MMCS c/o TomTom bit expensive though. The other option is from Navigation.com.au but had heard not so good feedbacks (i.e. DVD not working). I haven't upgraded mine because it cost as much as a portable GPS with free updates. Basically just using MMCS for music.
              09 NT Pajero Exceed V6 (OEM Nudge bar, Bonnet Protectors+Headlight Protectors, Stedi light bar, IDrive throttle controller, Lifted with Dobinson IMS Suspension)
              Bucket list: Bushkinz plates

Comment

• executive
                • May 2011
                • Melbourne - Doncaster

Hi I have had Pajeros for a long time and over the past 6 years been driving an NT model since new and love this model given its capabilities off road and on road.

However , the MMC units are pretty ordinary and I suggest not to upgrade the map but just attach a mob. Cradle to your windscreen and use the maps off the mob. For GPS.

I have done a lot of mods on the car and replacing the ordinary mmc was on the list but given its cost decided to wait till it dies before I replace it .

The other feature that is missing from his unit is Bluetooth music but I managed to find a Bluetooth receiver on eBay foe $10 , plugged in it he glove box and now I can stream music from my phone to mmc .

Comment

• Keggsy
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Tamworth

yeah i hear what you are saying about the bluetooth music... that drives me crazy too. i am getting a miracast for the car so i can just stream off my tablet to the kids screen in the back. but i was eyeing off a bluetooth adapter to just stream music through the rca plugs... I'm also annoyed that my phone wont charge while connected to the ipod cord with a lightning adapter.

Comment

• flyboy
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2017
                    • SA

The other feature that is missing from his unit is Bluetooth music but I managed to find a Bluetooth receiver on eBay foe $10 , plugged in it he glove box and now I can stream music from my phone to mmc .
                    Do you mean via the RCA?

I tried a cheap eBay iPod Bluetooth adapter plugged into the factory iPod kit but after hours of mucking around it never worked.

Bought an expensive Bovee1000 (used to be calledTune2Air) and it worked immediately. Can browse playlists through the MMCS and never have to touch the phone. Only annoying thing is when I restart the car MMCS always defaults to it even if previously I've been listening to the radio.

Comment

• executive
                      • May 2011
                      • Melbourne - Doncaster

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
                      Do you mean via the RCA?

I tried a cheap eBay iPod Bluetooth adapter plugged into the factory iPod kit but after hours of mucking around it never worked.

Bought an expensive Bovee1000 (used to be calledTune2Air) and it worked immediately. Can browse playlists through the MMCS and never have to touch the phone. Only annoying thing is when I restart the car MMCS always defaults to it even if previously I've been listening to the radio.
                      The Bovee1000 looks good and it has some good reviews . I just chose to go for a simple Bluetooth unit . It does plug in to the RCA connections in the glovebox. I simply installed a cig. Lighter socket in the glovebox on the top right hand sides to keep it hidden . Plugged the Bluetooth unit in and hooked it to the RCA connectors in the glovebox . Everything is hidden away but can be pulled out and replaced easily if it ever dies. I haven't had any issues with it for the past 3 years and it has certainly paid for itself many times over .

If the MMC ever does die then I will replace the unit with one that can integrate with apple and Android mobile devices .

Comment

• kiwi horan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Melbourne

a word of warning

Originally posted by Keggsy View Post
                        . I'm also annoyed that my phone wont charge while connected to the ipod cord with a lightning adapter.
                        Pajero NS 2008 Exceed MY07

Comment

• ticky
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Adelaide

I hate my MMCS as well. hoping to get a new unit soon, but I need to sell my Shotgun first to help finance it.

for now, I use one of these. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Dual-...sAAOSwix9ZkR6w

Its ok at best, but you can charge your phone and BT steam music or Digital radio from your phone.

I put a nice Pioneer unit in my Wife's car with apple carplay and that is good. It charges & streams and while it has no GPS, it puts the phones GPS up on the screen. It was also a massive improvement in sound quality even though we still use the original speakers.

I am looking at the Pioneer AVIC F80BT. but with a RRP of $2000, it's a bit on the pricey side. Nice unit and it has everything I am looking for, but the downside is the expensive map upgrades. I would prefer free map upgrades of course, but with Apple Carplay, this can be overcome by using the phone GPS on the Pioneer screen for those occasional new address' that I need.

Steve
                          2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• executive
                            • May 2011
                            • Melbourne - Doncaster

Since my last post i have had a change of heart. I am now looking to replacemy mmc with a Kenwood DDX9017DABS unit . Initially i looked at a pioneer but when i looked at its specs. It has a resistive screen where the Kenwood unit has Capacitive screen similar to ipads . It has Apple play , android auto and WIFI for mirroring amd Steering integration is included.
                            I have ordered one and should get here next week for $1000.
                            I will have to order a new wire loom as well .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X