• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jas2909
    • Feb 2016
    • Penrith NSW

New Shoes for my chariot

Everyone is an expert so I'll go elsewhere, sick of the know it also here.

Admin please delete this thread
    Last edited by Gus; 04-08-17, 08:09 PM. Reason: No need for the comment given as reason for edit
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Jas,
    I can see 2 problems,
    1. Standard offset is P38 and your new rims are 0 offset so that is a 76mm widening of the track and VSB-14 only allows for 50mm maximum so you could have issues with warranty, insurance and roadworthy check.
    2. A LT265/70R-17,has an approved rim fittment of 7" to 8.5" and the tyres have been fitted to 9" wide rims. Once again this has potentially legal and other issues.

Whoever sold and fitted the wheels and tyres should not have done so, even if it was at your request.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Jas2909
      • Feb 2016
      • Penrith NSW

nope the rims are such a design that they required a zerro offset to fit under the guards and clear the calipers.

Insurance is no issues, checked this out prior to fittment

Tyres fit snug with more room to go so nope wrong again.

Thanks anyway

Comment

• BorgPS17
        • Mar 2017
        • melbourne

i have no idea about offset............

but by the looks of the top photos numer 3 it looks like the tyres at the rear are way to wide, as far as i know the tyres can not protrude beyond the body line.
        Pajero Sport QE 20016
        Smart Bar
        Boos Bash Plates
        7 inch LED Driving Lights
        Domin8R X 12,000 Winch with Rope

Comment

• Jas2909
          • Feb 2016
          • Penrith NSW

Originally posted by BorgPS17 View Post
          i have no idea about offset............

but by the looks of the top photos numer 3 it looks like the tyres at the rear are way to wide, as far as i know the tyres can not protrude beyond the body line.
          nope 3mm inside the guard.... its all about the angle of the photo

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jas2909 View Post
            nope the rims are such a design that they required a zerro offset to fit under the guards and clear the calipers.

Insurance is no issues, checked this out prior to fittment

Tyres fit snug with more room to go so nope wrong again.

Thanks anyway
            OJ is not wrong. You're missing the point, and your posts are misleading other forum members.

It doesn't matter what offset you need to make your wheels fit, the law is quite clear about what's legal and what isn't.

Your fitment isn't legal, on two fronts: your track is too wide, and the wheel / tyre combination is outside what is allowed by the Tyre and Rim Standards Manual. If Autocraze didn't advise you of this then they're not doing their job properly. Either they don't know what they're doing, or they don't care.

If your insurance company has given you written acknowledgment of this fitment then you're in the middle of a nasty grey area. If you don't have something in writing then you're simply not covered.

Your policy will state that your vehicle must be roadworthy at all times; these modifications make it unroadworthy, giving your insurer an excuse to avoid a claim (depending on the circumstances leading to the claim - they don't have an automatic "get out of jail" here).

Your counter would be a clause in your "Duty to Disclose" section of your policy - you're not obliged to tell them things that they should know. You could argue that they should know the standard specifications of the vehicle they have insured, they should know that wheel and tyre changes can render a vehicle unroadworthy, and they should check that your modifications are roadworthy. Consequently, you don't need to advise them of whether or not this combination is legal.

Personally, I advise you to go back to Autocraze and get your money back. You had a right to trust them to sell you a roadworthy combination, which they failed to do. Their mistake should not cost you money.

Edit: I agree that your tyres as fitted are inside the line of the guards, and compliant on that front. However, your mudflaps do not cover the full face of the tread, which is another non-compliance that is clearly visible to any authorities who feel like being picky.
            Attached Files
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• starjunk
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2011
              • Sydney

Bugga. Looks tough though Jas! "Off-road use only".
              '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
              '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
              '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
              '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

Looking at deleted posts thread closed for review...

Gus

Ok all thread will remain closed as 1st post has been edited by OP. I ask all if you see or feel a post is inappropriate to PM an Admin so we can have a look. Remember nothing wrong with having an opinion as long as you respect others opinions in your replies.
                VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X