Whats the best way to wash down an engine bay

Anything i should cover before degreasing and hosing down
    2006 NS V6 EXCEED - SOLD
    2014 NW 3.2L VRX
    Wetseat Covers, Kings 9" LED driving lights
  • NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

Best to keep water away from the spark plug/coil areas, assuming it's petrol. The rest should be fine.

Benny.
    Last edited by NTBenny; 09-07-17, 06:53 PM. Reason: Petrol
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Peterng
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Northern Rivers NSW

I found that low to medium water pressure with a quality degreaser gets a good result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• 02-SR5
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2010
        • Toowoomba

I do it in the mornings.

I use a red can of $2.00 degreaser from Supercheap, then the hose nozel from the garden hose.

When it's dry, I hit all the black things with the spray on tyre cleaner. Brings it up looking brand new.
        MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Drewan
          • Apr 2017
          • Adelaide

I got carried away with the pressure washer and learnt a hell of a lot about the electrical system, I the 2 days it took to get it running properly again
          Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X