• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CeeJay
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2008
    • Samford, QLD

Support for those affected by QLD floods

Please post up any offers of support for those directly affected by the QLD floods.

I'll kick off: We have 2 spare bedrooms and can accommodate up to 6 people needing temporary accommodation for as long as they need it. We are about 25km out of Brisbane CBD, in an area not seriously affected by the flooding. We are well stocked with food, water etc, and not in an area affected by power cuts. We can give lifts into Brisbane CBD for anyone needing to get to work there through the week from ours. Our place should be much better than the evacuation centres!

I can also offer help any weekends with cleaning up any flood affected properties, and can wrangle another 3-4 pairs of hands most weekends.

Please PM me if you need any help.

Pickle - as discussed can you please sticky this for the next few weeks?

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

I have a $200 Big 4 gift voucher that I can give to a forumite if they need a few days accomadation and I will throw in a $50 Coles/Kmart voucher in with that as well.
    A lot of these guys although insured will not be covered by flood.
    Let us help you!
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• brettmini
      • Nov 2010
      • st george

Being from St George, we have been fairly lucky with only 11 houses going under, most of them if not all, the residents had moved all their gear out!.

We are looking forward to another flood sometime next week, so hopefully the levey banks that the house owners built will be able to hold...

So thanks to everyone who has donated anything..

I loaned my 92 Pajero to the CH9 Crew ( Bruce Paige, Libby Stone) and the rest of the crew, as they didnt have a car, and the old girl made it on Tv the final day they were here!

Comment

• Bing
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Currently QLD

Peoples if you are struggling to think what you can do or what you can give, don't forget the simple cash route. There is the Premiers appeal.

Did you want to help in the floods but didn't know how? You can help recovery by donating, volunteering, contributing to the community inventory or through 'Join Forces'

Anyone offering plant or machinery and donated time will have all their Diesel paid for by Brisbane City Council.
        to say what you have to offer, BOBcat, water blasters, etc and they will assign you a job to assist.

Volunteering

If you would like to volunteer to help with the clean up please register with Volunteering Qld using this form http://bit.ly/gIYYDz or send an email to [email protected].
        Please be aware that Volunteering Qld have already received over 11,000 offers for help and will be getting in touch with people as needed. You may not get a response straight away, but help will continue to be needed for a long time.

Another link for those in the midst.

Welcome to Brisbane City Council. Every day Brisbane City Council works with residents and local communities to help make our city what it is today with a long-term vision for the future.

Good Luck to everyone stay safe.
        2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by Bing View Post
          Peoples if you are struggling to think what you can do or what you can give, don't forget the simple cash route. There is the Premiers appeal.

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html
          Dig deep all a lot out there are in need..

Gus.
          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Silver Streak
            Valued Member
            • May 2010
            • Adelaide. South Aust.

It's great to see all these people in Brisbane answering the call to cleanup the place, but I do hope the many country towns that were inundated by this "inland tsunami" are getting the same help and support from the city people as well.
            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
            Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Wiseowl
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Brisbane

Shame on the Insurance Companies that are not paying out. My Brother was told not to mention the word flood to say it was an inland Tsanami or a natural disaster. That way you may get covered. Praise for Suncorp they are paying out regardless. The Goverment needs to step on these roach Insurance companies from hiding their heads in the sand. Two shops in Ipswich have been done for profitering charging $10 for loaf bread and $10 for 2 litre milk I believe $175 thou fine for each owner. Serve em right and they are not real australians. I still cant go to my Brother for support as we are not allowed into Grantham maybe Monday. He needs our love and support he is distraught. I have offered him my ford sedan but he wont take it because he thinks it will go in the water like his two have. Both his are still sitting the police wont let him get them so he can wash them out. Thanks to every on on this forum for all their good wishes. R.I.P for the loss of life in this our Natural Disaster. Thaks to all the rescue workers and SES police and others job well done True Australians to the core.
              Formerly 1998 NL Pajero Sold*******
              2007 BF MK11 302 BOSS GT VK4LQ

Comment

• peter92
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2009
                • maryborough queensland

i would like to remind others that if they can help any of the people in thoses areas please do so as i no when i was flooded in we had all dramas and , yes, they really need our help
                hea dave or gus
                couldnt we start something here on the club where people could donate money, that way the club can send it to the needy them selves. every one could get into it. we are the lucky country so why not make those who arnt , make them lucky
                my thoughts
                regards peter
                used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
                now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
                bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
                SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X