• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redgum1615
    • Jan 2014
    • Frankston

Map update

Hi, has anyone heard anymore about the free map upgrades for new Pajero owners.
    Just came back from picking up my Paj from a 30k service, where I had asked them to upgrade the maps.
    The old version was 2013A and the new version is 2013A.
    I asked the dealer what was the difference and he said that is what the upgrade is, so I asked him why it was called an upgrade, he said I should call customer care??.
    I spent nearly $55000 on this car and a lot more on mods so that I can open the tailgate ( including a new low profile hitch for the van), now to be told that the new map update is not a new update, MM will not get a cent more of my hard earned, ever.
    Screw em !!!!!!!
    Last edited by Redgum1615; 04-07-14, 05:43 PM. Reason: More info on thread.
  • Muzza
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Nsw

I have a 1/14 VRX , I asked my dealer on the first service, very quick NO
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Razzy
      • May 2013
      • Cleveland

This topic has been raised before (March/April) and I emailed MM Customer Service who asked me to confirm that my MW had the SD CARD version - this is obviously important. I have not had a reply since then (2 April).

Comment

• Razzy
        • May 2013
        • Cleveland

Good news. No sooner had I posted the above response when I received a call from MM Cust service to say that the dealers will be receiving the upgrade very soon ( 2 weeks - but don't quote me).
        Interesting thing is that the dealers have to do the upgrade on the vehicle although it is free. I am going to request it when my vehicle is in for service in about 3 weeks.
        I found the response from MM courteous and informative, so PLEASE wait a bit before hassling them.
        JohnF

Comment

• Mintox
          • Sep 2013
          • Western Australia

Originally posted by Redgum1615 View Post
          Hi, has anyone heard anymore about the free map upgrades for new Pajero owners.
          I doubt it is free mate. I went to the dealer recently and asked for a disk (I have the older MMCS that uses a DVD) and the dealer told me that MM no longer did updates to the maps and I had to go to WhereIS map website to get an updated disk, which the current version is V20, for $295 inc GST.
          My12 NW Platinum DID Auto, ARB Delux Bar, RidgeRyder 12000LB winch, Rhino Roof Racks, Twin Rhino Jerry can holders, OffRoad Battery Tray + Yellow Top D34, OME suspension (Hvy duty front, medium duty rear), Poly airbags rear, Toyo 265/70/R17, GME TX3220 UHF, TJM snorkel, TJM sump and transmission bash plates, ARB compressor, KOR LED 80Watt driving lights, RedArc BCDC1220.

Comment

• Quinnie
            • Feb 2014
            • Doreen

Apparently it's only free for those with MMCS that use SD card for the maps. I have an email that says as much.
            2014 NW Pajero

Comment

• Razzy
              • May 2013
              • Cleveland

Yes, I should have mentioned that - only SD card model MMCS.

Comment

• GrahameL
                • Mar 2012
                • Caboolture, Qld

Originally posted by Mintox View Post
                I doubt it is free mate. I went to the dealer recently and asked for a disk (I have the older MMCS that uses a DVD) and the dealer told me that MM no longer did updates to the maps and I had to go to WhereIS map website to get an updated disk, which the current version is V20, for $295 inc GST.

You can buy updates from this site for only $150.
                SOLD - 2012 NW Platinum in Graphite, Dueler A/T Tyres, Dual Battery, Custom sheepskin seat covers, Prodigy P2 brake controller, Lovell springs, Bilstein shocks, Poly airbags, TJM color coded bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3540 UHF, MMCS override cable, cargo blind, Bushskinz underbody protection,

Comment

• abw
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by GrahameL View Post
                  You can buy updates from this site for only $150.
                  http://www.navigationau.com/mitsubis...ion-disks.html
                  Have you tried this mob? How are the maps?
                  was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• paulq00
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Brisbane

Does the VRX Gps have spoken street names?
                    How does it compare to say TomTom/ Navman etc?
                    Apparently lots to hate about early MM GPS touch screens/ ipod / bluetooth systems, are the newer ones good,? OK,? terrible?
                    2000 NM GLS Pajero Silver - gone
                    2014 NW VRX Pajero cool silver- gone
                    2021 NX Exceed Pajero Titanium

Comment

• Snowgum
                      • Nov 2013
                      • Melbourne

Spoke to MM in Heidelberg yesterday when I booked a 15,000 service on the VRX (at a capped price $395). They have the upgrade and have started installing it as vehicles roll in - its the SD card version. Regarding cost - apparently there are 3 complimentary upgrades, so its free for me at least.
                      The service manager didnt know what was in the upgrade. Im hoping for a greatly reduced boot up time, deletion of the 'read me' screen as well as map upgrades! What are the chances??
                      Chris

Comment

• NoWorries
                        • May 2014
                        • Perth

Ha Ha

Originally posted by Snowgum View Post
                        deletion of the 'read me' screen
                        LOL
                        At least it is not a Volvo where you have to use the remote control to accept the terms everytime. But then you can use the touch screen for everything else.
                        Have a Great Day

Comment

• anhie
                          • Jan 2013
                          • brisbane

anyone who has a letter from mm confirming a free map upgrade for sd card for free maps can you send me a copy to [email protected]. I spoke to zupps and they have knowledge of this
                          Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
                          Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

• Jondalar
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2011
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by paulq00 View Post
                            Does the VRX Gps have spoken street names?
                            How does it compare to say TomTom/ Navman etc?
                            Apparently lots to hate about early MM GPS touch screens/ ipod / bluetooth systems, are the newer ones good,? OK,? terrible?

Hi Paulq00,

I tested this the other night, no spoken street names but it does speak some things such as "Stay on the M4".

I've not used TomTom or Navman recently as I found them both lacking compared to Garmin. I still run a Garmin 3790 in my Pajero as it has traffic monitoring and lifetime map updates...

Cheers,
                            Karl
                            Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

• anhie
                              • Jan 2013
                              • brisbane

spoke yo mm customrr support and they confirm a free upgrade for sd card fpr mms upgrade is FREE
                              Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
                              Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X