• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1993 NJ LWB
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007

How high

Hi I know its more than likely another thread is out there about this.... but meh I cant find it.

So anyway I have cranked up the front torsion bars to go with my new rear springs. The drop bump stops are about 1mm off their stop plates. Is this too high? Will it cause any damage to my CVs? Btw I intend to have free wheeling hubs with in a week or two.

Cheers
    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!
  • m1s3ry
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Kalorama, VIC.

Originally posted by 1993 NJ LWB View Post
    Hi I know its more than likely another thread is out there about this.... but meh I cant find it.

So anyway I have cranked up the front torsion bars to go with my new rear springs. The drop bump stops are about 1mm off their stop plates. Is this too high? Will it cause any damage to my CVs? Btw I intend to have free wheeling hubs with in a week or two.

Cheers
    Hi, i've got my bump stops cut in half and sitting on the plates and i've not had a problem yet. I'm also running manual hubs and this is probably the reason, only using the CV's when 4wding. The closer the bumpstops sit to the plate means the less down travel you will have, all depends if you can live with it.

-Steele
    Steele Perkins (#1263)
    NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

• 1993 NJ LWB
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2007

Thanks Misery!
      Hey could u tell me what truck your hubs came off?
      1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

• m1s3ry
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Kalorama, VIC.

Originally posted by 1993 NJ LWB View Post
        Thanks Misery!
        Hey could u tell me what truck your hubs came off?
        I bought mine from ARB (AVM brand) but if you want factory Aisin ones you'll need to find a Triton of around the same year as your vehicle.
        Steele Perkins (#1263)
        NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X