• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *TRUMPS*
    • Aug 2009
    • newcastle

air con problem

g'day all,

As title states im having a problem with the air con cutting in and out...

Whilst driving it operates no problems what so, ever but when stopped just idleing it will keep cutting in and out and the revs up and down...

im sure its a simple problem but any ideas would be much appreciated.. cheers
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Originally posted by *TRUMPS* View Post
    g'day all,

As title states im having a problem with the air con cutting in and out...

Whilst driving it operates no problems what so, ever but when stopped just idleing it will keep cutting in and out and the revs up and down...

im sure its a simple problem but any ideas would be much appreciated.. cheers
    What is the rough timeframe between cutting in and out?
    Air conditioners are designed to cut in and out in an effort to maintain the evaporator at a constant temp. The hotter the day, the more the compressor will run (less off time).
    I would think that cycling on and off in 20 second or more blocks would be normal as a rough guestimate.
    Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• *TRUMPS*
      • Aug 2009
      • newcastle

hey,

its cutting in and out every second or two, As i said in last post it operates when driving its just when im idling it keeps cutting in and out...As im lead to believe when the air con is switched on the revs should go up slightly and thats what i think the problem is..but im no mechanic

What switch or sensor controls the revs when air con is switched on?

Comment

• hootnah
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2010
        • nunawading, vic.

Originally posted by *TRUMPS* View Post
        hey,

its cutting in and out every second or two, As i said in last post it operates when driving its just when im idling it keeps cutting in and out...As im lead to believe when the air con is switched on the revs should go up slightly and thats what i think the problem is..but im no mechanic

What switch or sensor controls the revs when air con is switched on?
        Hi, on mine the ISC motor controls idle speed when aircon is on, i gather the ISC gets signal from ECU but more research needed on my behalf.
        Cheers, Jim.
        99 nl gls 3.5l auto full leather & woodgrain trim, leather seats, ABS, chrome rear bumper and mirrors, split aircon, standard 50mm factory body lift, dual airbags and 277,000 km on clock, tranny and engine oil coolers. NEW: Reconditioned heads, new camshafts, new radiator, new water pump, New timing belt and tensioner. Brand new set of LT 265/70/16 Maxxis Bravo 771 AT. NG 3.0 Litre 5 spd man superwagon as project. Now registered and on the dirt. NEEDED: MORE MONEY!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X