• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisfarru
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Central Coast NSW

DPF delete + EGR delete + Catch can + Manifold clean = New car

187,000km on the clock and had all these done. The manifold clean didn't give me any extra power but it made the car so much smoother to drive. Turbo kicks earlier and car is much more driveable. I always had good consumption on my vehicle, so I'm yet to check for any changes. I used to get 9-10L/100km on highway and 10.5-11.5 around town.

1) Catch Can - I used the Ryco one, it's a good piece of gear, didn't use provent because it wouldn't fit because of the snorkel. I need to get proper hosing for it, just using heater hose for now.

2) Manifold clean - I found a very knowledgeable guy through facebook - "Engine Carbon Clean NSW". He does heaps of Mitsi 3.2s and he comes to you. For $800 it's well worth it, took him a good 6 hours. He puts new gaskets on. He brings a clean manifold with him and swaps them over while the old one is being cleaned in the ultrasonic lceanser. He also removes the swirl valves. His name is Will 0402584969

3) DPF delete - I used the CHIP IT pipe. Fits like a glove but the slots in teh flanges needed some work. The bolts are 12mm and the slots were 10mm wide and weren't wide enough. A bit of dremel work fixed the issue. I didn't bother routing the pressure lines back to the pipe, I just tapped M6 holes in the pipe and blocked them off. Then I just connected the pressure lines together at the source. 1000kms later no DPF light.

4) Munji EGR delete - simple plug and play

Enjoy the pics
    Attached Files
    NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can
  • chrisfarru
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Central Coast NSW

more pics
    Attached Files
    NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Good stuff. Now for another 200,000klm trouble free motoring.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• chrisfarru
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Central Coast NSW

some more
        Attached Files

Comment

• chrisfarru
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2010
          • Central Coast NSW

last few
          Attached Files

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Herman4x4
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Melton, Victoria

Looking good. Think the guy who did it needs a working holiday in Victoria[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk
              Cheers,
              Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
              Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• bennyb29
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2015
                • Brisbane

Manifold clean and a EGR bypass using the resistor was the best mods I had done to my car, so I can totally relate to it. Car is a whole lot smoother, almost no smoke on hard acceleration and feels sprightly. And this aint no placebo effect.
                Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X