• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewRe
    • Nov 2019
    • Mudgeeraba, Qld

ASC Lights

Hi, I have had an issue pop up in the last 2 weeks, when I replaced the front drive shafts in my NT.
    The ABS sensor ring on the left side was obviously not going to line up with the sensor. I gently tapped it into what I thought was a better location. Install finished and all was fine, but a couple of days later the 3 yellow lights popped up. Turn the car off for a while it clears, but after a while it pops up again (Not immediately, can take an hour of driving).
    I will get under again this weekend and confirm the ring is running centre of the sensor, but in preparation, does anyone have any ideas? Will a bluetooth diagnostic app tell me more?
    No limp mode BTW. Running fine, just lights.
    HPD Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade, PPD 3" Exhaust, 3.5" Safari Snorkel, XRox Bullbar, 2"lift using 300KG upgrade King Springs and ToughDog Shocks, Automate,
  • jjacer
    • Nov 2011
    • Brisbane

Gotta be careful with the steering sensor and wheel sensors as they are sensitive to wheel alignments etc.
    I found a major issue when the battery was disconnected ( RACQ ) while the Paj was on a sloped driveway with the wheel not dead straight.
    I went to 4 different MMC dealers and no one could stop the ASC from activating randomly - think intersection with b double bearing down on ya!!.
    In the end battery disconnect for a full 10 mins on flat surface, then reconnect and start engine with wheels dead straight and drive 400 meters dead straight, did the trick.

Hope it helps in your case.

Comment

• Stacho
      • Apr 2018
      • Perth

Funny you mention that. Similar situation after hitting some very rough bumps Climbing a sand dune. Coming home on the highway and the asc would randomly kick in at 100km/h and swerve me to the left! Talk about brown pants. Happened 5 times on the short drive home. Took the battery negative off for 10 mins and problem solved

Comment

• AndrewRe
        • Nov 2019
        • Mudgeeraba, Qld

Originally posted by jjacer View Post
        Gotta be careful with the steering sensor and wheel sensors as they are sensitive to wheel alignments etc.
        I found a major issue when the battery was disconnected ( RACQ ) while the Paj was on a sloped driveway with the wheel not dead straight.
        I went to 4 different MMC dealers and no one could stop the ASC from activating randomly - think intersection with b double bearing down on ya!!.
        In the end battery disconnect for a full 10 mins on flat surface, then reconnect and start engine with wheels dead straight and drive 400 meters dead straight, did the trick.

Hope it helps in your case.
        Thanks Heaps!
        That's awesome.
        Yes it did arise ever since 'ME' having the battery disconnected for some aux battery wiring etc.
        I will try what you suggest. Thanks Heaps again!!
        HPD Front Mount Intercooler Upgrade, PPD 3" Exhaust, 3.5" Safari Snorkel, XRox Bullbar, 2"lift using 300KG upgrade King Springs and ToughDog Shocks, Automate,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X