• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • discosrule
    • Apr 2019
    • Melbourne

Caravan monitor mount in car.

Can people let me know (or show pics) of where and how they have mounted their caravan rear view monitor in the car. Just looking to find the best spot and want to see if you mounted permanently or not. Thx.
    2019 Mitsubshi Pajero Sport Exceed
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

I've got one to mount low down in the centre of the dash but I wouldn't want it there all the time, only when towing so I'd leave the plug up there and remove the unit when it's not needed.

I recently bought a Safety Dave 6" monitor for that but I also have the option of attaching the camera to my new Alpine head unit and using that screen. I'm still undecided what's the best option
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• tomwithannl
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Maria Coast Tasmania.

I don't have a Pajero Sport but on both my Pajero and my Ford Transit I have the clip on monitor for the rear vision mirror. I find it natural to look there and works fine for me. It is swithable for two cameras and I have thought of mounting another camera on the bull bar looking forward. (for obstacles, best line etc when offroad)

Tom
      1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
      1953 Morris Minor ute
      1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
      2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• dragonjon
        • Feb 2018
        • sunshinecoast

mine is on right hand side of dash against A pillar using one of those magnetic mounting arms from autobarn

Comment

• denisp
          • Dec 2018
          • Mt Eliza

Mounted our safety Dave 6" low down on the centre of the windscreen.
          Got the power/ video lead run by MIT's dealer when we purchased our Paj Sport.
          Can unplug and remove the monitor if wanted but only once. It is not in the way.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X