• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bennyboy
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide Hills

NX GLX5 Questions

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've trawled through a lot of pages without finding a conclusive answer... Can somebody tell me for certain what features of the NX GLX are not fitted to the NX GLX 5? I understand the GLX 5 was primarily a fleet - supplied vehicle, has 17 inch rims and lacks the 3rd row seating, rear A/C, possibly no HID headlights and no chrome trim bits and pieces. No Navigation standard either? Can anyone confirm or deny any / all of these points, and tell me if there is anything I've not mentioned?
    Any other considerations or comments on the GLX 5 from owners out there?
    Just want all the facts to help with dealer negotiations...
    2015 NX GLX5 Pajero with a few extra bits and pieces...
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Thought all NX series have 7 seats
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

NX GLX5 Questions

NX GLX5 owner here. Mine was ex Nsw Police so had a fair few extras.
      - the 17 inch alloys are preferable to 18 inch as better tyre choice
      - 5 seats only, could probably get the last 2 (including seat belts) fitted at a pinch if you had to in the future, plus engineer certificate I'm guessing since its registered as a 5 seater.
      - definitely no HID headlights
      - no dusk sensing auto headlight on (beeps if you leave them on)
      - no auto levelling headlights
      - no heated mirrors (but they do have electric fold)
      - no rear AC as you say
      - no chrome
      - still has leather steering wheel, shifters and hand brake
      - still has rear diff lock
      - none of the NX models have navigation that I’m aware of. They all come with smartphone link, as does the GLX5. So I have Apple carplay but it also has android auto if I plug an android in.

Overall I’m very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 02-05-19, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Keithyv
        Valued Member
        • May 2018
        • Perth

Not sure if this helps.

2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• DaKaptin
          • Mar 2012
          • Brisbane, Qld

I thought all nx models have 18"???

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
          2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
            Valued Member
            • May 2017
            • Sydney

Originally posted by DaKaptin View Post

Yes all of them. All except the GLX5, 5 seat for fleet use including police.

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by DaKaptin View Post

They do...but many savvy buyers often have the dealer put on a genuine set of 17inch rims that give lower tyre pricing and greater option in sizes.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Sydney

As HeavyPizazz mentioned the GLX5 “standard” was 17” whereas the rest of the NX range comes with 18”.

Also the 3rd row not only misses the seat but the seat hooks in the floor and the associated reinforcing of the floor pan. Sharkcaver (glx5 owner) found this after issues with the aux tank brackets which assumed the reinforcing was there.
                NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Mr Pats
                  • Jul 2011
                  • Quakers Hill

I've got a 2015 NX Exceed. It has MMCS with navigation

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Mr Pats View Post
                    I've got a 2015 NX Exceed. It has MMCS with navigation
                    So does the 2015 GLS NX. Plus auto wipers, auto HID lights, rear A/C, 3rd row seats and front seat warmers.
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dug1
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Far South Coast NSW

I picked up an ex NSW Police 4/17 NX 2 weeks ago. It has the 17s plus has the vents for rear ac/heater in roof and rear of centre console. Haven't check if they work yet. Noticed rear has basic fit-out (trim etc) for 3rd row seats so should be able to source seats, belts etc from wreckers if ever I want to put some in - with eng cert of course which would be a must have for insurance.

Am fitting EGR resistor this weekend and giving DPF a good clean as soon as I have a couple of hours spare.

Happy with vehicle. Still has some MMA warranty left and drives very well. This is my 3rd ex Police vehicle and never had any issues. Don't believe all the experts out there- just use your head when buying!

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2017
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                        Also the 3rd row not only misses the seat but the seat hooks in the floor and the associated reinforcing of the floor pan. Sharkcaver (glx5 owner) found this after issues with the aux tank brackets which assumed the reinforcing was there.
                        Should I be worried about this since I have an aux tank in a GLX5? The police had it installed. It’s a Brown Davis which I’m aware have caused some ppl issues but others say they’re fine. But the reinforced floor pan I’m not sure about.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Sydney

I guess it’s a matter of being aware of portential problems and deciding whether you want to address them now or keep a close watch on the potential problem area or just ignore it all.

NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Bennyboy
                            • Sep 2010
                            • Adelaide Hills

Thanks to those who responded, pulled the trigger on Thursday. Pretty happy so far, time to start over now..
                            2015 NX GLX5 Pajero with a few extra bits and pieces...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X