• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jared01
    • Dec 2016
    • Sydney

My dealer was a bit hopeless.

They said between $1700 - $2000 changeover price from stock Pajero Sport Tyres (Bridgestone Dueller H/T 684 2 265/60/18) and swapping over to BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 265/60R18 119S.

I identified 2 tyre shops so far can do the swapover.

They will give me $115 each for my Bridgestones.

The BFgoodrich is $379 each. This means swapover will cost $1,300 ($1,875-$575=$1,300).

Question. I feel as though I should stick to 265/60/18 instead of 265/65/18, but what are your opinions?

Also, what is your opinion on white BFgoodrich labelling on the tyres showing on the outside of the rim or inside. I am thinking outside. Car will be black too.

I also don't want to have any potential problems if I choose 265/65/18 BFGoodrich and installing a Hayman Reese concealed towbar.
    2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by jared01 View Post
      My dealer was a bit hopeless.

They said between $1700 - $2000 changeover price from stock Pajero Sport Tyres (Bridgestone Dueller H/T 684 2 265/60/18) and swapping over to BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 265/60R18 119S.

I identified 2 tyre shops so far can do the swapover.

They will give me $115 each for my Bridgestones.

The BFgoodrich is $379 each. This means swapover will cost $1,300 ($1,875-$575=$1,300).

Question. I feel as though I should stick to 265/60/18 instead of 265/65/18, but what are your opinions?

Also, what is your opinion on white BFgoodrich labelling on the tyres showing on the outside of the rim or inside. I am thinking outside. Car will be black too.

I also don't want to have any potential problems if I choose 265/65/18 BFGoodrich and installing a Hayman Reese concealed towbar.
      Personally I would go up a size .. but remember you will have to buy 5 tyres as you spare will be smaller ... labelling outside

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• jared01
        • Dec 2016
        • Sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
        Personally I would go up a size .. but remember you will have to buy 5 tyres as you spare will be smaller ... labelling outside

Yep. Aware I need 5.

Hoping 60 and 65 profile would fit well on the spare wheel location with Hayman Reese towbar too
        2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel

Comment

• Having Fun
          • Jun 2015
          • Adelaide

Thanks for all the feedback.

We did the ootoondatta track and up to Dalhousie springs onto mount dare and onto Finke with the NW Pajero and Bridgestone Dueller D697 LT tyres towing a 2.5t caravan without any issues to the tyres.

Maybe we were lucky.

So I drove in a way that I didn't want to shake the car or caravan to bits.

Maybe I should consider the sellers again but thought I might get something with a stronger sidewall this time and possibly more off-road capable tyre but that being said, that was only a once in a year trip and in an ideal world, I probably should just put on more aggressive off-road tyres for the trip and when I come back swap to city tyres again.

Anyway that is too sensible so will go for an all terrain tyre again, perhaps the Cooper or BFgoodrich

Hi Jared, I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. That road up from Dalhousie to Mt Dare is a doozie!

My 2 cents is that people tend to over think tyres! I've driven two different 4x4's wearing cheap & cheerful Chinese tyres over some of the roughest roads in the country. I noticed zero difference in performance between them & the various name brand tyres I've run over the last 40+ years. Take from that what you will.

I think that you're on the right track running HT's around during the year & putting AT's on when out scrub.

Comment

• jared01
            • Dec 2016
            • Sydney

Originally posted by Having Fun View Post
            Hi Jared, I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. That road up from Dalhousie to Mt Dare is a doozie!

My 2 cents is that people tend to over think tyres! I've driven two different 4x4's wearing cheap & cheerful Chinese tyres over some of the roughest roads in the country. I noticed zero difference in performance between them & the various name brand tyres I've run over the last 40+ years. Take from that what you will.

I think that you're on the right track running HT's around during the year & putting AT's on when out scrub.
            Yes the road was certainly interesting towing a 2.5T caravan.

There were some crazy rock sections, I just took my time to go through. Not some much rocky under the tyres, but rocky under the car, lucky it had a 2" lift.

Then after the rocky section there was quite a sandy stretch which was quite fun. Good memories.

Comment

• jared01
              • Dec 2016
              • Sydney

I have been learning a lot about tyres these past few days.

I was almost set on getting the Pirellli Scorpion AT Plus, but then realised the 265/60/18 is not a LT and only has a load rating of 110 (from memory). I was almost happy to settle with that tyre.

The Cooper ST Maxx and then Cooper AT3 LT and AT3 XLT look good but are quite expensive!

Shame the Pajero Sport comes with 18" wheels. Seems to be a lot more LT options in 17" wheels.

Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus looked like a winner.

Will probably end up going for the BGFoodrick T/A KO2, unless can get a similar price for AT3LT or AT3XLT.

I think Costso sell BFGoodrich, so will check their prices out, but won't be able to trade in factory tyres with them.

I posed in the market place, as well as Gumtree trying to sell the factory tyres, otherwise will have to trade in at one of the places I have found so far.

Comment

• Having Fun
                • Jun 2015
                • Adelaide

Yes the road was certainly interesting towing a 2.5T caravan.

There were some crazy rock sections, I just took my time to go through. Not some much rocky under the tyres, but rocky under the car, lucky it had a 2" lift.

Then after the rocky section there was quite a sandy stretch which was quite fun. Good memories.

You're the 1st person I've ever heard of towing a big van through there! You have my respect

Comment

• jared01
                  • Dec 2016
                  • Sydney

Got the tyres today :-)

I have not driven it yet. Wife kindly did the swap over whilst I was at work.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X