X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevolah
    • Jul 2010
    • Brisbane

Well...MMC have denied all knowledge of any repair and as such any liability! Took them 8 weeks to reach this decision...

Feeling rather shafted as I put my hand in my pocket to pull out $5k to fix my dodgy roof...

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

I've learned over the years not to accept the first negative response, particularly if you think you are in the right.
      I often ask for a review of the decision by someone independent of the original.
      Sometimes I have a win, sometimes I have to accept that maybe I'm not in the right as two reviews (hopefully independent of each other) have found the same thing.

I guess what I'm saying is - Don't give up and ask again, you just never know.
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

Much as I dislike the guy, maybe you should contact John Cardogigan (spelling?) and see how much he would charge to take this case on board? He certainly males a lot of noise, and he may be able to quote you some similar precedents. As dhula said above, I wouldn't just take this laying down - there is too much at stake (apart from the fact that someone stuffed up and they may get away with it).

Comment

• NFT5
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Canberra

Originally posted by stevolah View Post
          Well...MMC have denied all knowledge of any repair and as such any liability! Took them 8 weeks to reach this decision...

Of course they have. Read my earlier post.

It's the dealer that you need to be chasing, not MMAL.

The problem is that now you've alerted them to the issue, and they've denied it, it will be difficult to get them to change their story and make any admission.

Stop mucking about. Go and see Fair Trading and get a solicitor on to the job. Getting a solicitor's letter is cheap but shows them that you are serious. Often that's all it takes.
          Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X