• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletty
    • Oct 2017
    • WA

Gday from WA

hello all
    Ive been lurking around on here for a while and thought id introduce myself. My name is Ryan and Im from the south coast of WA. I recently purchased a fairly stardard 2011 NT pajero with nearly 160 on the clock. Ive found this site pretty handy the guys on here seem to no there stuff which is useful for a first time pajero owner like me.
    Cheers Ryan
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Welcome Ryan. You live in the right part of the world this time of year for sure.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Fletty
      • Oct 2017
      • WA

cheers sharkcaver
      Yes it is very nice down here this time of year. Gonna spend a few nights fish creek way in a coupla weeks to c if i can get used to 4x4 in the pajero. Gonna be a little different to the 80 series i had.

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

With the right tyre pressure and ASC (active stability control) turned off (the button near your left knee) the paj is awesome on sand. You'll love it once you get used to it. Welcome and enjoy your trip.
        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by Fletty View Post
          cheers sharkcaver
          Yes it is very nice down here this time of year. Gonna spend a few nights fish creek way in a coupla weeks to c if i can get used to 4x4 in the pajero. Gonna be a little different to the 80 series i had.
          Nice. See my series here:

5 parts to that one, you'll have to find the other 4
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Fletty
            • Oct 2017
            • WA

cheers I did a quick trip yesterday through some local tracks and beaches and it performed well. Had better clearance in the ruts than i thought it would have. I did get caught out in a couple of steep climbs that were rutted out, found the car performs alot better in sports mode. I did get a random beeping alarm go off wen in low range and giving it curry to get up said rutted out steep climbs. no lights or warnings up apart from the traction control light. Pretty happy so far

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

The beeping is when the traction control kicks in bud.
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Fletty
                • Oct 2017
                • WA

ahh rito i assumed that it was only the light.
                cheers

Comment

• Hatto
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Mandurah WA

Prolonged activation of traction control will give you an alarm and if it is used for too long (long low traction climbs) the ABS system overheats or something. Then you will lose traction control and other ABS related stuff until it cools down. Only happened to me once. No drama though
                  Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                  ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• RUGGA
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Fletty View Post
                    Had better clearance in the ruts than i thought it would have. I did get caught out in a couple of steep climbs that were rutted out,
                    Be very careful if you don't have an after market bash plate fitted yet! Believe it or not your intercooler will be the first point of contact with anything down low. (Factory "Protection" is just a plastic cover)
                    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Fletty
                      • Oct 2017
                      • WA

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                      Be very careful if you don't have an after market bash plate fitted yet! Believe it or not your intercooler will be the first point of contact with anything down low. (Factory "Protection" is just a plastic cover)

yeh thanks RUGGA a set of boos intercooler and sump plates were the first thing i ordered just waiting for them to rock up.
                      It does seem like a silly spot for an inercooler tho.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X