• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itsamitsi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Hervey Bay Queensland

I think my lock up mate had a hearty today. The converter remained locked and blue LED on continually. It stalled numerous times on the boss today then I twigged, got her to turn it off and all was good. Maybe this is related to the issue I had the other week with it throwing code 1901 on the auto ECU. Marshall any Ideas? Not to fussed as it is booked in for the upgrade anyway.
    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• m_and_m
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010
      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
      I think my lock up mate had a hearty today. The converter remained locked and blue LED on continually. It stalled numerous times on the boss today then I twigged, got her to turn it off and all was good. Maybe this is related to the issue I had the other week with it throwing code 1901 on the auto ECU. Marshall any Ideas? Not to fussed as it is booked in for the upgrade anyway.
      Not good for the boss!
      Certainly first I’ve heard of that happening! Sound like the TCC is not unlocking.
      I suspect maybe the OBD2 connector is a little loose causing corrupted CANBus information. The Challenger OBD connector can be temperamental.
      Please send me the unit (and cables) and I’ll investigate ASAP.
      PM me you details so I know which upgrade order is yours.
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• itsamitsi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2015
        • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
        Not good for the boss!
        Certainly first I’ve heard of that happening! Sound like the TCC is not unlocking.
        I suspect maybe the OBD2 connector is a little loose causing corrupted CANBus information. The Challenger OBD connector can be temperamental.
        Please send me the unit (and cables) and I’ll investigate ASAP.
        PM me you details so I know which upgrade order is yours.
        No problem. I actually received the upgrade return bag today so I'll bung all the leads in it including the OBD lead. I'll PM you my details.
        Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Redtag
          • Aug 2015
          • Adelaide

Picture says a thousand words.
          The two nuts are unscrewed and the resistor tab slips into the gap, and the nuts re-tightened to 'clamp' it in to place.[/QUOTE]

Hi M & M,
          Started fitting my Automate this arvo and got to the stage of clamping the resistor. However, bolted to the top of the plate is a big flat bracket coming back (away from the engine) with an electronic control component of some type on top (about the size of the Automate controller), I have no idea what it is, but it certainly gets in the way so I went back to square 1 and screwed it down to the dash bracket.
          Anyway, soldering step tomorrow. Just to make absolutely sure I get the wiring connections correct, the white wire from the plug attaches to the orange and the red stripe wire from the plug attaches to the yellow wire? In the photo in the installation instructions it looks like the orange wire goes to the end of the connector where the red stripe wire is.
          Redtag
          Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.

Comment

• Redtag
            • Aug 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Redtag View Post
            Picture says a thousand words.
            The two nuts are unscrewed and the resistor tab slips into the gap, and the nuts re-tightened to 'clamp' it in to place.
            Hi M & M,
            Started fitting my Automate this arvo and got to the stage of clamping the resistor. However, bolted to the top of the plate is a big flat bracket coming back (away from the engine) with an electronic control component of some type on top (about the size of the Automate controller), I have no idea what it is, but it certainly gets in the way so I went back to square 1 and screwed it down to the dash bracket.
            Anyway, soldering step tomorrow. Just to make absolutely sure I get the wiring connections correct, the white wire from the plug attaches to the orange and the red stripe wire from the plug attaches to the yellow wire? In the photo in the installation instructions it looks like the orange wire goes to the end of the connector where the red stripe wire is.
            Redtag[/QUOTE]
            Please ignore my question regarding the soldering, the white wire isn't cut at all, just the red stripe wire!!!
            regtag
            Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Redtag View Post
              Hi M & M,
              Redtag
              Please ignore my question regarding the soldering, the white wire isn't cut at all, just the red stripe wire!!!
              regtag[/QUOTE]

Yes, just the yellow/red stripe wire is cut. The cut piece that goes to the white connector gets the orange wire. Yellow wire to the other end of the cut Y/R wire.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• gorby
                • May 2011
                • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Had my auto mate in a couple of weeks now. And although I’ve only done a couple of longish drives I’ve noticed it’s beginning to Learn and 2nd to 3rd gear changes are starting to smooth off (they were a bit clunky at first). Not sure if it had anything to do with my idrive being fitted and in auto mode.

But definitely seems a good bit of kit.
                Andy
                Back in a Mitsi
                2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
                Gone but not forgotten
                http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19115

Comment

• itsamitsi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by gorby View Post
                  Had my auto mate in a couple of weeks now. And although I’ve only done a couple of longish drives I’ve noticed it’s beginning to Learn and 2nd to 3rd gear changes are starting to smooth off (they were a bit clunky at first). Not sure if it had anything to do with my idrive being fitted and in auto mode.

But definitely seems a good bit of kit.
                  Looking forward to getting mine back.

Comment

• m_and_m
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
                    Looking forward to getting mine back.
                    Just back from a break in the Flinders Ranges for the long weekend.
                    Should be on its way tomorrow.

Comment

• itsamitsi
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2015
                      • Hervey Bay Queensland

Fitted my Auto mate on Sunday. Should be a good bit of kit. Bit clunky atm but apparently it gets better after it learns up a bit. But it looks like I'll be the only one who uses it as the boss doesn't like it so it's off when she drives it...

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Itsa,

Do you have standard diameter tyre's or oversize?
                        If oversize what size?
                        Have you trialled it with the E-Drive off or at least at the lowest setting?

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• itsamitsi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2015
                          • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                          Hi Itsa,

Do you have standard diameter tyre's or oversize?
                          If oversize what size?
                          Have you trialled it with the E-Drive off or at least at the lowest setting?

OJ.
                          Hey OJ.

Std size tyres and no it was with the E Drive on but it's the trans is clunky in it's changes as the converter is locked. But that's at light throttle, I found giving it a little more than light throttle it's much less noticeable. I'll see how it learns up and try some of it's features.

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010

auto-mate for challenger just got better

I know quite a few people who monitor this thread have a lockup-mate or auto-mate.

Latest SW release is available - it includes an adjustable shift pattern and ultra-low power consumption in standby mode.

see this thread for details. https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...d.php?p=618728

Comment

• BMChallenger
                              • Jun 2012
                              • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Just installed my automate into 2011 PB challenger.

immediately appreciated the difference upon first test drive. Holding gears and changing at better rpm felt smooth and strong.

The gears transitions are more noticeable when unladen however not rough by any means.

I’ll be out for a tip run today with about 1 tonne behind so will see how it goes!

I think I’ll be investing in a mild tune in any case!

btw: install was well described and quite easy took me about 2 hours.
                              2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!

Comment

• whereswes
                                • Feb 2015
                                • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by BMChallenger View Post
                                Just installed my automate into 2011 PB challenger.

immediately appreciated the difference upon first test drive. Holding gears and changing at better rpm felt smooth and strong.

The gears transitions are more noticeable when unladen however not rough by any means.

I’ll be out for a tip run today with about 1 tonne behind so will see how it goes!

I think I’ll be investing in a mild tune in any case!

btw: install was well described and quite easy took me about 2 hours.

Great to here. Marshall's products are real game changers.

I'm only running the LM8 but but with a DP Chip and 265/75/16s have had no issues whatsoever so thinking a mild tune shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers
                                Wes
                                2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X