• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Photobucket

OK, so I've been using Photobucket for years, and have a significant collection of photos linked into a number of threads here, and on other forums.

But lately, it seems very (painfully, unbelievably, incredibly) laggy and unstable. Not just my photos; if I try to open other photos linked to this forum, it can take a long time to do anything useful, and cause my browser to become unresponsive on other tabs. Eventually, the Photobucket tab crashes and restarts - and the pattern repeats.

Googling for hints and tips returns the what-else-to-expect mix of "it sucks for me too" and "I have no problems here" - but I don't see any discussion of paid vs unpaid accounts.

I'm an unpaid user, but I'd be happy to pay if it becomes usable. So:

1. Does anybody else have problems accessing Photobucket?
    2. What browser do you use?
    3. Are you a paying customer, or free-loader like me?

What other image hosting websites should I consider instead?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
  • NJV6
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • New Zealand

Hey, yes I use photobucket as well and it has become rubbish! I have so many photos on there. It's hard to link now due to speed (or lack of). It clogs my whole computer up when it's running and I have tried it on Firefox and the explorer 10 and finally it crashes the computer. I'd rather use something else.
    1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
    1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
    2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Amok
      • Dec 2016
      • Sydney

yeah i'm a freeloader too, its been crap for a while now so I recently signed up for imgur. Haven't really used it yet though.

my time with photobucket has come to an end that's for sure, no patience for it anymore
      MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• NFT5
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Canberra

Photobucket is riddled with javascript and links to 3rd party advertisers. It has become virtually unusable and then there's the security risk because they don't actually control the ads that are served up.

Like you, I've been using it for years and stuck with it at least for those hundreds of photos that are linked here and on NTN.

I tried Postimage recently and it's very quick, but lacks the organisational tools. I don't know if the paid version of Photobucket is any better than the free. Not willing to subscribe to find out that it's not.
        Chris

Comment

• RUGGA
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2014
          • Adelaide

Why, specifically, are you guys using PB?
          02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

For myself, because originally it was good, and free.
            Chris

Comment

• RUGGA
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2014
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
              For myself, because originally it was good, and free.
              And the best way to upload to forums years ago ???
              02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Yep, I'm with everybody else. Its like dragging nails across a blackboard. I just made another blog entry yesterday. The drama's I had just trying to copy the pictures link for that blog was damn near impossible (in fact, I had to do a firefox update for it to even select the field). I'm not looking forward to collating my pics from my ABH run in a month when I return, that's for sure. Problem for me, I have so many pics stored on that blog (the next entry will be post #50) That I'm sort of stuck with it now. Its always been laggy, but the last 18 months or so, has become near impossible.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Sydney

I thought I was having an issue on my laptop. Tends to fit the bill that it may be photobucket causing the crashes as this forum is usually open on a tab. I have been having issues where pictures of this forum don't load when I'm on the laptop using Win10 and Firefox. Firefox crashes once I try to type something into a text box but not all the time. I have no issues loading the same pages on the iPad. I have to restart the computer after a crash otherwise reopening FF and reloading the pages will see another crash.
                  NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• stumagoo
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Perth WA S.O.R

intersesting I am a PB user and my only issue is uploading multiple files - they nearly always crash, but I always put it down to my crap net connection. I dont seem to ever had issues loading anyone elses images (of course you all may not be using it now) but it is still in use in other forums I use as well.
                    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• GHendo
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Northern NSW

I use this one ...

Never had a problem with it and it seems to work fine - gives you the links etc. to paste into the forum thread so your photo will display etc.

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by admin 14/7/2017:

Don't use Imgur.

From their terms of service, in the section headed "Stuff not to do":

Originally posted by Imgur Terms of Service
                      Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.

The website actually provides you with the links to let you do stuff that breaches their terms of service.
                      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• rotare
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2007

Yep another PB user here and have found it utterly painful to upload to lately. I thought it was just me, but on another forum plenty of others have been having issues too and have already ditched PB for alternative photo sharing sites.
                        2013 NW VRX

Comment

• vladguan
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Adelaide

I have been using it for years now and it occassionally crashes IE but is more stable under Chrome and FF. I also installed the Photbucket app which gives me additional storage space and no issues with the app. Don't need to upload photos from phone to computer just to be able to upload to PB. I do it directly from the app.

The again, those in SA and visit adelaidenow.com.au will experience the same thing under IE.
                          Please call me Vlad.
                          -----------------------
                          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Hatto
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2013
                            • Mandurah WA

Same as the last poster. I use the photo bucket app on my phone (never use a computer) and Chrome as browser. Never had a problem with it.
                            Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                            ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• nj swb
                              Resident
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                              Same as the last poster. I use the photo bucket app on my phone (never use a computer) and Chrome as browser. Never had a problem with it.
                              [Rant]
                              This kind of report me no end - not having a go at discog, but at the fact that the internet isn't a seamless experience independent of platform.

As we move more and more towards an on-line world, with a future of ubiquitous computers and the "internet of things" I shouldn't need to worry about which platform / operating system / software I'm using.
                              [/Rant]
                              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X