• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artisan
    • Feb 2013
    • Oatlands, Tasmania

Must have extras?

I plan to order a 2013 GLX-R this week. What do existing or intending owners consider to be the best accessories to sweeten the deal? Is window tinting essential...or is the existing UV protection adequate? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Jase27
      • Jun 2012
      • UFTGULLY

Originally posted by artisan View Post
      I plan to order a 2013 GLX-R this week. What do existing or intending owners consider to be the best accessories to sweeten the deal? Is window tinting essential...or is the existing UV protection adequate? Thanks in advance.
      Hi there, the deal I got a few weeks ago for a Pajero GLX-R Auto Graphite $52000 driveaway price: Metallic Paint, Towbar, Tint, Spare Wheel Lift, Rubber Mats and a full tank of diesel

Window tint is good as the windows are basically clear. The other bits I got were more of a necessity i.e tow bar, spare wheel lift and mats.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jase

Comment

• artisan
        • Feb 2013
        • Oatlands, Tasmania

Thanks muchly Jase. I am going to see the dealer today. Everything you got suits me except the paint, as we just want plain old white (business car). Maybe some roof rack options could be the go instead.

Still haven't decided between manual and auto either. Always had manual in the past but leaning towards auto this time to simplify driving with cruise control.

Comment

• Jase27
          • Jun 2012
          • UFTGULLY

Hey artisan, my last 4by was a GU Patrol Manual. I can say I am really enjoying driving the auto, engine braking is no where near what the Manual Patrol could do (i.e very steep descents Low range 1st gear no brakes) but the ease of the auto is great. Go the auto!!
          Cheers

Jase

Comment

• wongapaj
            • Oct 2011
            • Wonga Park

Cruise control with the manual works a treat. If I'm doing a 100 km/h and put the foot down to pass someone there's no need to drop down to 4th. Love my manual but then I've always had them.
            NT 30th Anniversary, 3.2 Diesel, Manual, Black, Tinted Windows, HID Lo & Hi, MM Towbar, Prodigy P3, Stebel Horn, MMCS Override, Scangauge II, Dual Battery, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ORU12 Winch, IPF HID Driving lights, UHF, Diff Breathers, D697s, Airtec Snorkel. HD Suspension, Bushskinz

Comment

• SuperYOOT
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Jase27 View Post
              Hey artisan, my last 4by was a GU Patrol Manual. I can say I am really enjoying driving the auto, engine braking is no where near what the Manual Patrol could do (i.e very steep descents Low range 1st gear no brakes) but the ease of the auto is great. Go the auto!!
              Cheers

Jase
              Hows the power the delivery, I have a GU6 CRD Auto and am a few months away from a new truck, the VRX at $55K is very tempting over the LC150 right now but I was wondering if the 147kw and 440nm was a noticeable improvement over the ZD30?

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

From this http://www.caradvice.com.au/49503/ni...iew-road-test/

"Powered by a lethargic 3.0-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine, the Patrol simply isn’t up to task when compared to its more modern rivals. Developing 118kW of power at 3,600rpm and 354Nm of torque from 2,000rpm, the Patrol’s diesel offering is mated to a decidedly lazy four-speed automatic transmission, a combination that sees the full-size 4×4 suffer considerable turbo lag from rest, asthmatic open road performance and glacial overtaking – not to mention fuel economy returns this week of 15.6L/100km.

It’s a shame really, and when you look at the rivals figures – Toyota LandCruiser 195kW/650Nm, Land Rover Discovery 180kW/600Nm, Mitsubishi Pajero 147kW/441Nm, Volkswagen Touareg 176kW/550Nm – justifying the asking price of Patrol is a hard ask. Until that is you head off-road."

I have a NS X DiD auto it's around 129kW, and I'm pretty impressed by its acceleration coming from a 3.0L 91 NH petrol swb pajero. The NT on is 147KW for the DiD

And from here

On paper figures are actually quite good, with 147kW and 441Nm, and in practise, they help to move the 2350kg bulk of this car along fairly spritely. But having the droning, rattly sound always there doesn’t sit well in a $77,000 four-wheel-drive. But what this four-wheel-drive does do well is, erm, four-wheel-driving.
                NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• nbr
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Groote Eylandt

My 'demo' GLX-R

I'm about to take delivery of a demo (13 kilometres) GLX-R MY13 at the end of the month. Looked at Prados but can't go past the $47K drive away price I got, including nudge bar, tow bar and spare lifter.

Last Paj I owned was a 1986 and I drove that into the ground. No major issues except the gearbox was rebuilt twice.

So looking forward to picking up the new Paj and starting travelling. Cheers

Comment

• Jase27
                    • Jun 2012
                    • UFTGULLY

Originally posted by SuperYOOT View Post
                    Hows the power the delivery, I have a GU6 CRD Auto and am a few months away from a new truck, the VRX at $55K is very tempting over the LC150 right now but I was wondering if the 147kw and 440nm was a noticeable improvement over the ZD30?
                    Apology for not replying sooner, have not been online much lately. Power delivery is excellent compared to an auto crd. In laws had an auto crd and I had a manual Did. We both bought new auto glx-r and both if us are heaps happier especially when it come to towing (2.5 ton dual axle van and a 5.3 quintrex runabout). Can't say I miss the patrol except for it looks and of course it's awesome off-road ability.

Comment

• dnun
                      • Jan 2011
                      • Rockhampton

Chasing seat covers to suit MY14 GLX-R

I'm chasing seat covers to fit the rear seats of an MY14 GLX-R.

I would not have believed it this hard if I wasn't going through it myself.

The stock covers seemed crazy expensive so I went and put ilana sheep skins onthe front but have been chasing rear covers since.

Just tried the 200$ Ilana Pajero Custom fit set and despite the cover reading 11/2006 on ... they definately won't fit an MY 14 rear seat.

Any chance any of you have found something reasonable?

Many thanks for any response.
                      dnun

Comment

• _jp_
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Adelaide Hills, SA

We just bought our GLX-R and took delivery on new years eve. Certainly a great way to end the year!
                        NW GLXR - SOLD
                        --------------
                        EVO 6 TME

Comment

• BOBSRETURN
                          • Jun 2013
                          • cairns

seat covers

i was thinking a set of front covers for a ute may work as you need the 60x40 split , but havent had time to try this out , got a pair of super cheap for the front as sometimes get in dirty

Comment

• bajabus
                            • Nov 2012
                            • ACT

After many years of saving and paying down the mortgage, I've finally orderd my first 4WD (with low range), a Pajero of course. Pick it up next week. Can't wait.
                            -----------------------------------
                            2014 NW GLXR

Comment

• Pickle
                              Administrator
                              • Jun 2007
                              • All over Oz

Originally posted by bajabus View Post
                              After many years of saving and paying down the mortgage, I've finally orderd my first 4WD (with low range), a Pajero of course. Pick it up next week. Can't wait.
                              Well done matey, you will love it!
                              Dave
                              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Stevo77
                                • Jun 2012
                                • Beaconsfield

How good is the deal on them at the moment???
                                $54990 with $4000 cash back.
                                Those in the market should get in quick I reckon.
                                Out with the newer, and back to the old. Sold 2010 NT.
                                New to me: 1995 NJ LWB 3LitreV6 Blue

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X