Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Rear shock absorber bushes - what's the go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovets
    • Jun 2011
    • Canberra

Rear shock absorber bushes - what's the go??

I have asked this question within another thread but thought it worthwhile to ask as a standalone thread as others may have the same issue.

I've had a clunking noise in the rear and today after doing some poking around discovered that the rear lower shock bushes are stuffed and one of the shock absorber tubes is making contact with the chassis mount (hence the noise).

I cannot believe how hard it to source replacement shock bushes. The major suspension companies - Super Pro, Whiteline, Fulcrum - don't even list rear shock bushes though most list bushes for the front.

Another member mentioned that Super Pro SPF0078K universal bushes may be suitable; has anyone replaced their rear shock bushes and can confirm brand and model they used?

If it makes a difference, shocks are Bilsteins.

Cheers
    2011 PB Challenger LS, Charcoal, manual, Hayman Reece towbar, ARB deluxe combo bullbar, Bushskinz bash plates (intercooler, sump and transfer case), Safari snorkel, Mickey Thompson ATZs, dual batteries, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, ARB 60l fridge, custom rear drawers
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

The rear lower shocker bushes have a metal tube inserted in the hole of the bush so you clamp down on the bush when you tighten the bolt. I have seen shockers with loose bushes and shockers with bonded bushes. I suspect the bonded bushes will last longer but I am not sure where to source them.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011

Free Shipping - Bilstein Replacement Shock Bushings with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Shock Bushings at Summit Racing.

This is a MAYBE, you will need to check the dimensions!

Suggest you contact these people.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• itsamitsi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2015
        • Hervey Bay Queensland

I replaced mine a couple of months ago. They are a generic bushing. https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=63192
        Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011

I would be cautious about using bushes that have the rubber/urethane in 2 pieces and a separate crush tube, because you cannot apply a lot of clamping force on the sides of the bushes. 1 piece bushes with a separate crush tube maybe ok but really they need to be a complete 1 piece bush/crush tube.

OJ.

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

If the original 2 piece rubber bush lasted 90 odd K I'm sure the urethane bushes greased up will outlast the shocks anyway.
            Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
              If the original 2 piece rubber bush lasted 90 odd K I'm sure the urethane bushes greased up will outlast the shocks anyway.
              When I removed the Bilsteins from the rear of my Challenger I am sure the bottom bushes where the bonded one piece design.

OJ.

Comment

• chillipepperz
                • Feb 2017
                • Adelaide

I replaced mine from Bursons. Fulcrum referred me to them but i cannot recall the part number. Was a SuoerPro bush.
                2014 Challenger: Factory tow bar | Factory alloy bullbar | Kings LED’s | Window tint | Kumho Mt-51's | Munji EGR Delete | Provent 200 | Redarc Towpro | UHF in dash| Custom rear drawers and fridge slide | 130AH rear AGM battery | Aldi roof bars and Kings awning | Kings Springs KCFR55T front KCRR23 rear and Bilstein shocks. Soon: guards.

Comment

• underdog
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Campbelltown, NSW.

Yeah I gave up trying to find suitable bushes for mine. I ended up just replacing the entire rear shocks and saving the ones with flogged out bushes for spares. I was as concerned as OJ about the lack of similar styles of bushes available on there rare occasion I could actually find some.
                  2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
                  Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• itsamitsi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by chillipepperz View Post
                    I replaced mine from Bursons. Fulcrum referred me to them but i cannot recall the part number. Was a SuoerPro bush.
                    I got my bushes from Fulcrums in Hervey Bay.

Comment

• Giddyup
                      • Oct 2013
                      • Melbourne

Try this out. It lets you search by type and size of bush within a set tolerance.

SuperPro manufactures and engineers the largest range of suspension bushes, poly bushes, suspension bushes and sway bar bushing kits for performance, 4x4, 4wd, handling and durability. All our products are made in Brisbane, Australia, to ensure the highest quality control. SuperPro also engineers and manufactures other innovative suspension components. Such as Radius rod, control arm, stabiliser bar, front sway bar, front sway bar, rear sway bar, rear sway bar, pan hard rod, anti-roll bar, roll centre adjustment, camber, caster and toe correction, better wheel alignment, leaf spring shackle, shock absorber bushings, spring spacer, cotton real bushing and steering coupling. Using the latest lighter, leaner Supaloy, Duraball Metal Poly Hybrid, Dynamic Roll Control technology. SuperPro is engineered to outperform.
                      MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X