Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Market place > Vehicles 4 sale

Old 05-02-19

Default 98 NL GLX Diesel Manual

The old NL has to go. Thought I would see if any members are interested.

Had it since 2006 but it has not been driven for the last few years. (mainly due to a bike accident where damage suffered makes it uncomfortable to drive a manual).

The good things
  • Approx 303000kms
  • Does not blow smoke, leak oil or use it.
  • TJM Bullbar
  • Koni "heavy track" shocks
  • Uniden UHF (40Ch)
  • Air con works fine
  • Cruise control works fine
  • Fuel pump rebuilt at about 260000)
  • Also had an Exedy heavy duty clutch fitted early on

Basically everything works fine, except for the below

The not so good things

The body is a bit tired. Left front guard dented due to having a difference of opinion with a tree branch sliding down a wet track in Yalwal some years ago. I have a replacement guard, never fitted it though as it needs painting.
Centre instruments (volt meter, inclinometer, oil pressure) are off the car as the voltmeter and oil pressure gauges went sick. Along with the fluid leaking out of the inclo meter. I was working on a large display with volts, boost etc but canned it since I don't need the car anymore. All the bits are there just not fitted in the car.

In addition I will be honest and say that it has been feeling under powered for a while before it was parked up. This started I had a timing chain kit put through it as it the chain was noisy. After chasing turbo/air and whatever else leaks. It seems to be a timing issue as the pump shop could not get the pump set right (and these guys did the rebuild and are known to be competent. They did not do the timing chain as they only do pumps). Basically its too retarded. So the numpties that did the timing chain etc probably had things out by a tooth. I started looking at it until my accident, and would have fixed it but I don't have some of the tools like the pump timing kit, and don't see the point now.

Also battery is knackered (probably due to me being unable to walk for 4 months over a winter)

I considered parting it out but as it still a goer. It would suit someone needing parts or doing an engine swap. Or just wanting a project. I was looking at getting a late NL GLS or exceed auto and doing an engine swap. But I have bought an auto ute and need the shed space.

Car located in the ACT and does NOT have current rego

Only asking $1300.

Rob
Old 12-02-19

Ok, someone want to make an offer for it?.
Its mechanically sound apart from that suspected timing issue I have no interest in sorting if I am not keeping it.
Otherwise its off to the knackers yard as scrap.
Old 09-07-19

Still available? PM me
Old 10-08-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP View Post
Ok, someone want to make an offer for it?.
Its mechanically sound apart from that suspected timing issue I have no interest in sorting if I am not keeping it.
Otherwise its off to the knackers yard as scrap.
hi do you still have vehicle?