• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

4x4 Training Courses ex Sydney

I'm thinking of doing a recognised 4wd course.

Has anyone used Australian 4x4 Driver Training?

My other option was Getabout but any other suggestions? Preference is for the course to be run out in the bush rather than on a track or course. I'm ex Sydney so Lithgow or South works better than something North but will consider all options too.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Had friends do this course. They were very impressed.

It's at Braidwood NSW.

http://www.4wd.net.au/driver-training/great-divide-tours-4wd-training-centre-castle-view

Comment

• Flying
      • Jul 2016
      • Sydney

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
      Had friends do this course. They were very impressed.

It's at Braidwood NSW.

http://www.4wd.net.au/driver-training/great-divide-tours-4wd-training-centre-castle-view
      +1 for great divide tours
      Well setup property, great people, good mix of theory and practical and homemade custard and Apple pie....
      White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• Pwoffey
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Adelaide

Another shout out for Great Divide Tours. Did my 4WD training with them, and have been on several of their tagalong trips. All first rate. GDT do a heap of training for emergency services and the Federal Police etc. They know what they're doing.
        BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• MSF
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2009
          • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Yep,
          Go and see Vic at Great Divide.

I've known him for about 25 years and watched him grow to the leading 4WD touring and Training provider.
          His Braidwood facilities are fantastic..

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

I had to do a 4x4 course for work about 8yrs ago. I think it was Australian 4x4 driver training that we used. Met the guy at the servo just coming in to Lithgow, and we headed from there to the area around Lake Lyell. I liked the guy we had, and picked up some good info myself even though I thought there wouldn't much new for me (I'm not a hard core 4wd'er, but spent plenty of time off road in 2wd and 4wd). The other guy who did the course with me had never even driven on dirt before, so I expected it to be aimed at that level of experience, but it was better than that

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X