• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onair
    • Jun 2020
    • Victoria

Getting instant fuel consumption?

Reading the manual I notice that it said that in the center dash - the average fuel consumption shows up when 'A' is showing, and instant fuel consumption shows up with 'C' is showing.

However the manual didn't specify how to change the display between A and C mode. I've hit every button configuration I can think of, but can only get it either to change to the next display option, bring up the adjustment screen (clock, brightness, etc) - or switch from 'Automatic' to 'Manual' and give me the option to reset both.

Does anyone know how to bring up instant fuel consumption, or is the manual incorrect in saying that it is possible?
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Bit rusty on this, but from memory:

Auto shows up to the last 4 hours consumption since last engine restart.

Manual shows last 4 hours consumption regardless of restarts.

Only way to see an instant consumption number is to press Reset button - you can do this repeatedly to see a new reading. The figure then becomes an average as you drive.
    The graph shows the instant history, but can be difficult to read accurately.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• onair
      • Jun 2020
      • Victoria

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
      Bit rusty on this, but from memory:

Auto shows up to the last 4 hours consumption since last engine restart.

Manual shows last 4 hours consumption regardless of restarts.

Only way to see an instant consumption number is to press Reset button - you can do this repeatedly to see a new reading. The figure then becomes an average as you drive.
      The graph shows the instant history, but can be difficult to read accurately.
      Thanks @spot01. It looks like their may be an error in the manual then - because it definitely indicates that it's an option - just fails to say how to do it.

Cheers

Comment

• oscaroo
        • Dec 2017
        • Sydney

You CAN see the instanteaneous fuel usage in both cases.
        It's the right-most row of pixels in the fuel consumption gauge

Comment

• onair
          • Jun 2020
          • Victoria

Originally posted by oscaroo View Post
          You CAN see the instanteaneous fuel usage in both cases.
          It's the right-most row of pixels in the fuel consumption gauge
          Really - it will move up and down instantly as I put my foot on the pedal and remove it? I didn't notice that - I'll have to check it again coz that'd be cool. (Still doesn't tell me exactly what it is though - the pixels are hard to get a good reading on).

Comment

• NTBenny
            • May 2017
            • Newcastle

Instantaneous fuel usage can be obtained via OBD.

Benny.
            2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• oscaroo
              • Dec 2017
              • Sydney

Originally posted by onair View Post
              Really - it will move up and down instantly as I put my foot on the pedal and remove it? I didn't notice that - I'll have to check it again coz that'd be cool. (Still doesn't tell me exactly what it is though - the pixels are hard to get a good reading on).
              It'll move up and down ... Soon enough. But yes no exact value just an approximation

Comment

• onair
                • Jun 2020
                • Victoria

Thanks for the confirmation guys.

So to summarise:

- Car Manual is wrong - it's not possible to display "C" even though manual says it is, and the only option available is "A" which is average.

- "People hacks" are available through other means (resetting trip computer, or looking at graph) - it's possible to get an idea.

- Alternative hacks are available such as using OBD and software.

Out of curiosity, is there any OBD software apps that work with Apple CarPlay? (Allow it to be shown on the screen instead of on the phone)?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X