Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 02-09-15

Default Redarc BCDC mounting

Evening all.

I am about to install a Redarc BCDC 1220 into the Paj.

I am fairly keen to not mount it in the engine due to heat, dust and vibration issues. To keep the unit in close proximity to the aux battery which is mounted in the traditional space between the starter battery and firewall I have found that it is a neat fit in the small parcel shelf in the top right hand side of the glove box.

The question I have has anybody else installed one in this position and has the charger been effected by its own generated heat, as the will be little airflow in this space and the charger appears to have have only a small heat shrink.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 02-09-15
Valued Member

Its right next to the 2nd battery but its very tight in there. Can you do a temp test in there. Maybe down underneath that area behind dash above footwell.
Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476
Old 03-09-15

My battery charger has been mounted next to the passenger headlight behind the grill. just make up some simple mounting brackets, obviously plenty of airflow so no heat issues.

ARB Commercial bullbar, 22" LED light bar, Black Duck seat covers, Rhino roof rack, Bushskinz, 2" lift, Tough dog front, King Springs rear, Bridgestone Dueler D697
Old 03-09-15
Valued Member

I donít have a Redarc Ė Iíve got a C-Tek which is very similar. Iíve installed mine, as many on here have, in the third seat well next to the aux. battery. While it is away from engine temperature, there is bugger all airflow down there and I would image the temperature would certainly be no hotter if you put the Redarc in the position you are talking about Ė which is effectively in the cabin, isnít it ?

Cheers

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.