Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 29-05-18

Default Fuel Manager

Anyone have a Fuel Manager secondary filter fitted to the passenger side of the engine bay? I don't have a second battery in the engine bay and want to fit one next to the OEM filter as my Provent 200 is fitted on the other side. Please don't tell me that I can fit a Donaldson filter cheaper. I have done extensive research and looked at both units and have decided a Fuel Manager is my preferred option. I am seeking a photo of one fitted as I have described.

James
Old 29-05-18

Hi James
I went down the same route as you but i have a second battery, below is the thread i posted pics in, post 38.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=60795&page=4
Old 18-06-18

The Fuel Manager kit has arrived from Filters Plus WA, at a very good price. Fuel Manager with two 2 micron filters, hose, mounting hardware with AN10 fittings for $275. I am fabricating a mounting bracket for the passengers side firewall, so the filter sits next to the OEM filter. I will post some photos when finished.

James
Old 18-06-18

Waiting for my 2 micron kit, hopefully it'll be hear in the next few days.

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced transcooler, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.
Old 22-06-18

Fuel Manager fitted and given a test run. It is mounted on the bracket that came in the kit and I made another to fit it to the passengers side. The bracket I fabricated might be a little over the top, but it will stand up to harsh roads. And it was done for a cost of under $20 as I used some scrap that I had and just bought some cap screws and washers.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Painted.jpg (79.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Fitted-d.jpg (80.8 KB, 50 views)
Old 22-06-18
Valued Member

Nice job!

You've got that plumbed in after the stock filter I assume?

My next mod will probably be catch can and then secondary filter, just not sure as I still have 18 months warranty left (for what it's worth) and want to play it safe for now..
Or is it better for the car just to do all that now??
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 22-06-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithyv View Post
Nice job!

My next mod will probably be catch can and then secondary filter, just not sure as I still have 18 months warranty left (for what it's worth) and want to play it safe for now..
Or is it better for the car just to do all that now??

I have the same car as you and I put catch can, egr block and aux filter on from brand new. Wont affect warranty.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 22-06-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
I have the same car as you and I put catch can, egr block and aux filter on from brand new. Wont affect warranty.
Good to know !
Cheers

Yes I just got my car in the last few months - I'm the 2nd owner but she's just clicked over 40,000km so still like new...
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 22-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Same here, although I am a second owner. I fitted them all as soon as I could and it only has 53k on the clock. 10 months warranty left.

James
Old 22-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithyv View Post
Nice job!

Yep, post OEM filter as a secondary filter.

James