Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 12-08-18

Default PB/PC Disable Internal Manual Door Unlocking

Long shot... but anyone have any clue as to whether it is possible to disable the doors from unlocking manually from the inside. I mean stopping all doors locks from unlocking when someone manually flicks one of the door lock latches from within the vehicle (essentially then making the only way to unlock the vehicle by key or key button)... although I suspect the manual key unlock is the same as the internal flick unlock system.
Old 12-08-18
Valued Member

pls explain the purpose ? like why ? ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 12-08-18
Valued Member

If you are trying to stop kids opening rear doors, there should be a small lever/switch on the rear doors near the lock in the door jamb.
Old 12-08-18

Just wondering if there is a way to stop someone unlocking the doors after smashing a window. I understand for safety reasons it is probably not possible or a good idea but still left wondering if it can be done.
Old 13-08-18

You won't be able to disable the front door internal release. And most (all?) modern locks will unlock with the internal doorhandle being pulled. Pretty important if you drive the car into a lake that the doors can be manually unlocked.

My 1960s Land Rover had external locks fitted that I detached. And there's always the Mr Bean padlock...
Old 14-08-18

Actually I am only interested in disabling the tailgate door (as desired). There is only one fuse for the whole central locking system so unless there is a way to join/disconnect just the tailgate (like when battery is disconnected) from the central locking system I guess it is not possible.
Old 14-08-18

Perhaps just an inline switch on the feed to the tailgate lock. Can still be opened manually from inside if you can get to the trigger on the door.

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.