Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 03-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMChallenger View Post
This is going to be a great addition to the challenger thanks for working on this with OJ

Is there an approx price For the unit plus fitting?

Cheers
Your welcome

I expect the same price as the Pajero version, which is $395 + $15 P&H.

Fitting takes ~2 hours. Comes with detailed instructions, but any auto-electrian could do it if you're not confident.

I just posted some test results you would be interested in to put your mind at ease about the reasons for the temp increases. here
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available to order
Old 03-01-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
Your welcome

Fitting takes ~2 hours. Comes with detailed instructions, but any auto-electrian could do it if you're not confident.

I just posted some test results you would be interested in to put your mind at ease about the reasons for the temp increases. here
I am guessing your going to be a very busy person pumping these out for us auto Challenger owners, so looking forward to getting an Auto Mate when they are available.
2015 PC Auto, Roo Systems Touring/ Towing ECU Remap and 2.5inch Roo Systems exhaust, OME lift kit, 265 75 R16 Hankook A/T's, Rhino flatrack, ARB Awning, Smartbar, dual battery, 80ltr fridge on Slide, UHF, Safari snorkel and diff breathers.
Old 03-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
Your welcome

m8 i have the lock up kit already fitted but it is a pain to turn on and off
the wholesale automatics one
is your complete stand alone or do i need to run with my existing one ???
and when u do it can u make the switch a mitsubishi style switch pls as well
as i have made this section in the dash for it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tcc.JPG (68.8 KB, 38 views)
My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.
Old 04-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy View Post
m8 i have the lock up kit already fitted but it is a pain to turn on and off
the wholesale automatics one
is your complete stand alone or do i need to run with my existing one ???
I hear you. I had a manual lockup kit in my NP pajero and hardly used it due to the hassle. For my NX I wanted fully automatic, and nothing suitable was available - hence embarking on lockup-mate.
It is standalone, connected to OBD2 port (Y with a splitter cable), and uses a relay to turn your existing kit on and off. simple!

Checkout my web site for details (link is in my signature). You'll see I have exactly what you're after - it's call lockup-mate lite.
Designed specifically for people who already have a lockup kit installed but want automatic operation.
It's basically the same as lockup-mate, but without the capability to actually lockup the torque converter (as this is done by your existing kit).

The version for Pajero is $245 +P&H, and I expect the challenger price will be exactly the same.
I'm installing the first prototype into a mates Pajero today.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available to order
Old 04-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy View Post
My switch is a combined switch/LED which is mounted (in custom 3D printed bracket) so the LED visible to the driver. LED tells you if lockup-mate is on/off, and also tells you when the torque converter is locked up or not.

Attached is a photo of the switch in my car. It's the tiny thing on the pillar to the right of the garage remote. Takes less than a minute to install

You can still have a switch in the dash, but it won't have the LED feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3217.jpg (180.8 KB, 57 views)
Build thread here

Old 04-01-18
Valued Member

Im liking the concept.
Plus it will work with my existing lockup kit from wholesale automatics.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED light bar. MM 4X4 lock up switch. Airtec snorkel, Toyo Open Country AT2, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 04-01-18
Valued Member

can u get some footage of it working for us pls M@M with the ultra gauge
sorry just got realy excited that some one might have a way that i can get more than 100km per 1/4 tank
My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.
Old 04-01-18

M and m I had a look at your test results and I'm very excited to see what's coming.

I climbed the 20km I mentioned earlier today and hit 109deg only using 1st and 2nd with a lot of caution.

I can't wait to have the kit...

Bloody challenger. They could have been so good if they just got a few little things a bit better. I took a 4wd track today in vic high country and they have such amazing ability climbed it with ease. I'll continue to percevere.
2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!
Old 04-01-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMChallenger View Post
I'm currently on a trip from Queensland through the vic high country!

Driving up to falls creek in D taking it daily easy on the winding roads to avoid the passengers from vomiting I got the top and had hit 110deg in the trans
Hit 108 just 1/2 way up (Bogong Village with similar load and probably much cooler day). Suspect would have got same result or worse if going to the top as AT temp on a continuous climb from leaving Mt Beauty.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=57591

Cheers
Wes
2014 Auto PC Challenger with TJM Bullbar, HID converted IPFs, Uniden UHF, ARB Roof Rack with Kings Awning & LED, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 Copper ST Maxxs, 80AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco. Custom rear drawer system, 1/2 cargo barrier and tilt fridge slide. HR Towbar, Ultimate Suspension, Brown Davis LR tank, Piranha Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, SPV EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip

Next mods - Lockup Mate, LED Light Bar

Last edited by whereswes; 04-01-18 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amec View Post
Im liking the concept.
Plus it will work with my existing lockup kit from wholesale automatics.
Yep. did the install of lockup-mate 'lite' into my mates Pajero last night. He has a Wholesale Auto kit installed. The test drive was great and it works very well.
Build thread here