Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 15-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
Just returned from a 3 day trip to Gordon Country towing our van for the first time since fitting the lock up mate and couldn't be more happy with this product.

Every time we have gone up Cunninghams gap with the van we have gone into transmission limp mode no matter how carefully we drove it.

This time trans temps hit a max of 80 degrees and performed perfectly.

So much better driving the Challenger now and is a real credit to Marshall for developing this.
Well thatís awesome!! Made my night reading this.
I put developing the Challenger version up the priority list because I knew it could solve such a significant problem with its auto.
Very happy.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate, auto-mate [prototype]
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au
Old 15-08-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillipepperz View Post
Th advice, expertise and assistance from members of this forum is just outstanding!
x2.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Hi all have been travelling and didnít see replies. Marshall sorted my problem and have towed our 21.6 Silverline to WA from northern NSW and in Vic at the moment with lock up mate.clocked up 11000ks so far. Auto transmission temperature didnít get over 70 on the trip and accelerations and pick up has been great.Fantastic product
Cheers. Hol
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

New issue which i guess is just wear and tear. 202k and when shifting into D on startup, no dash 'D' indication and no drive. At first was just going back and forth a couple of times from N OR P and then D would engage. But have now narrowed it down to a wiggle in D and it will engage, so guessing a poor/worn contact. Will pull shifter apart on the weekend and see whats whats. FWIW no other warning lights or drive issues. although it will on occasion disengage while driving due to vibration i guess, but little wiggle and 'D' on dash reappears and she's off.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMN View Post
New issue which i guess is just wear and tear. 202k and when shifting into D on startup, no dash 'D' indication and no drive. At first was just going back and forth a couple of times from N OR P and then D would engage. But have now narrowed it down to a wiggle in D and it will engage, so guessing a poor/worn contact. Will pull shifter apart on the weekend and see whats whats. FWIW no other warning lights or drive issues. although it will on occasion disengage while driving due to vibration i guess, but little wiggle and 'D' on dash reappears and she's off.

Don't panic your automatic inhibitor switch probably needs adjustment and is a five minute job. I was in a similar position several months ago with my MN Triton and thought the worst but a quick test drive by my local auto trans expert and five minute adjustment has left it like new.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4x2 View Post
Don't panic your automatic inhibitor switch probably needs adjustment and is a five minute job. I was in a similar position several months ago with my MN Triton and thought the worst but a quick test drive by my local auto trans expert and five minute adjustment has left it like new.
Cheers mate, good to have some knowledge on the issue.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Thanks pb4x2. easy fix. 14mm nut on the passenger side nice and low that connects the shifter cable to the inhibitor switch. Only took a very small adjustment (approx 1-2mm) rearward and she's all good. Had been putting it off for a few weeks thinking it was going to be pain in the arse
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMN View Post
Thanks pb4x2. easy fix. 14mm nut on the passenger side nice and low that connects the shifter cable to the inhibitor switch. Only took a very small adjustment (approx 1-2mm) rearward and she's all good. Had been putting it off for a few weeks thinking it was going to be pain in the arse
My pleasure,sharing tips and knowledge is what this forum is all about.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

I see auto mate is nearly there. I have lock up mate already, if I install auto mate do I still need lock up mate too or does auto mate do both? MM?
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, BFG KM2s, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Lock up mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

My plan is to be offer an upgrade for lockup-mate owners to get an auto-mate.
The original lockup-mate and LED switch cable will need to be returned for upgrade.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate, auto-mate [prototype]
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au