Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 10-05-12

Unhappy "SRS / Airbag light"

My SRS light has come on today and after a few restarts it remains on.
I have checked my Scangauge and there is no code showing.
I have checked the manual and it warns against fitting a non standard bullbar with the SRS.
My ARB Bar was fitted about 18 months ago and I fear the dealer may deny a warranty claim because of the Bullbar.
Any thoughts?
Old 11-05-12

I'd be very surprised if the ECU hasn't thrown a fault code, The scangauge will only pickup generic fault codes. I dare say what ever fault will be mitsubishi specific.

The quickest way to diagnose it will be to visit a dealer and have them connected it to their MUTIII.

It could be something as simple as a connector has worked it way loose or your battery may be failing (dropped cells can throw odd-ball stuff like airbag lights) or it could be more serious and a sensor or module has failed and needs to be replaced.

You'll really only get a decent idea after visiting a dealer.

I'd be very surprised if warranty was denied based on an aftermarket bar..
Old 11-05-12

I had the SRS light come on a few months ago. It turned out to be a connection issue with the side airbag. They checked all the connections and it was an easy fix after they found the bad one.

Good luck.

ScottB
Old 11-05-12

My SRS light has also been on for a few weeks. The dealer finally tracked it down to a faulty side air bag. It took him a couple of weeks to order one in and Ive got it booked next week to be replaced.

It apparently took them a while to track the fault down - around half a day.

It sounds as though SRS faults are quite common. Lucky we have the warranty.
Old 11-05-12

When my light cam on when tuoring Tasmania in January. Took it to the dealer in Hobart.

I had disconnected the passenger seat mounted airbag, when i pushed the big Camps 6 book under the seat..........

They reconnected, and been good ever since.
Old 11-05-12

Mine came on this morning - bad timing - its Friday and i am going away in the morning. Cant get the dealer to look at it till next week, so I might just see if I can check all the connections for side airbags. My sons car's airbag light came on and after a bit of fiddle farting around it turned out to be a loose connection under the seat, so hopefully this is the same deal... One thing though - will the airbag light go off if I find a loose connection, or does this need to get cleared by the dealer..

Last edited by Cory; 11-05-12 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Add query
Old 11-05-12

I had the same fault code a month or so back.
Side airbag connector..
seems like a really common problem
Old 13-05-12

When mine came on the dealer said they used some grease in the connectors that makes the connections corrode. They already knew about the problem and cleand the passanger airbag connection. All good now.

Matt
Old 14-05-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveXT View Post
My SRS light has come on today and after a few restarts it remains on.
I have checked my Scangauge and there is no code showing.
I have checked the manual and it warns against fitting a non standard bullbar with the SRS.
My ARB Bar was fitted about 18 months ago and I fear the dealer may deny a warranty claim because of the Bullbar.
Any thoughts?
Mine's been on 3 times over the past year. The stealer hasn't been able to fix it yet, just clear the codes. Latest "idea" is to replace the SRS computer, whatever that is...
2010 Silver Challenger LS auto, ARB Deluxe Bar, EDS full length custom bash plates, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 225 broad beam kit with HID conversion, 2" lift with OME suspension, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S 265-65-17
Old 14-05-12

I have decided to try clearing the light/code by disconnecting the battery but not sure if this will create other issues.