Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 29-05-18

I still have 18 months or so warranty left on my NW.
Has anyone got any comments re. Mitsubishi 'complaining' or denying any kind of warranty claims due to there being a 2nd filter installed?
I have not installed anything yet but I think it would be a good idea to do so (3 micron secondary filter)
Realistically I only have 1 service left under warranty or maybe 2 at a pinch. I did plan to avail myself of the 'capped price' services remaining, really only to see the 5 year warranty out.
On the very off chance something drastic does happen I don't want any hassles.

Oh and why is the wire going into the stock filter constrained by the plastic clamps making it impossible to unscrew the water float thing?
I mean I had to disconnect the plug and then manage to 'disconnect' the 2 plastic wire holder things just to get the thing out (otherwise you just twist up the sensor wire)

Why did they do it like this? Surely would make sense not to tether the wires, or at least make the holders less difficult to remove?

Last edited by Keithyv; 29-05-18 at 07:12 PM.
Old 17-08-18

I'm at work currently and going near a Supercheap Auto at lunch today and my Pajero and Donaldson secondary fuel filter kit are at home. Does anybody know the spec for the extra length of diesel fuel line that I require? Length and diameter etc.? This is my first diesel vehicle so am unsure.

Using Hill's firewall install as a guide, got my length of steel ready to go. Would like to install this weekend.

Thanks!
Old 17-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
I'm at work currently and going near a Supercheap Auto at lunch today and my Pajero and Donaldson secondary fuel filter kit are at home. Does anybody know the spec for the extra length of diesel fuel line that I require? Length and diameter etc.? This is my first diesel vehicle so am unsure.

Using Hill's firewall install as a guide, got my length of steel ready to go. Would like to install this weekend.

Thanks!

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...donaldson+hose
TLDR: From Hill, "Additional components required include 500mm or so of 9.5mm fuel hose, home made bracket and a couple of hose clamps. The original inlet fuel hose is reused."
Old 17-08-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
TLDR: From Hill, "Additional components required include 500mm or so of 9.5mm fuel hose, home made bracket and a couple of hose clamps. The original inlet fuel hose is reused."

Ah awesome thanks. I missed that one!! Think I saw a later thread maybe. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17-08-18

Quote:

Interestingly, Hillís comment says 9.5mm fuel hose but the thread talks about 10mm vs 12mm. And on that point, somebody suggests that the 2010 model uses 12mm and 2011 uses 10mm so I assume my 2016 is still 10mm.

Old 17-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
Interestingly, Hillís comment says 9.5mm fuel hose but the thread talks about 10mm vs 12mm. And on that point, somebody suggests that the 2010 model uses 12mm and 2011 uses 10mm so I assume my 2016 is still 10mm.

yeah, 10mm. Get a metre of hose. Better to be longer and trim as needed than having to go out and get a longer one if too short.
Old 17-08-18

Quote:
yeah, 10mm. Get a metre of hose. Better to be longer and trim as needed than having to go out and get a longer one if too short.

Cool thanks mate

Old 19-08-18

Default secondary filter

Gidday Heavy Pissaz
I have a NW and have used two filters since new (also Donaldson, primary). When I set it up I picked up some Goodyear fuel line from Bursons. As its made in USA its stamped 3/8th (9.5mm) fuel line Ortac and I have had no issues at all. MM have never commented when its been serviced.
I filled the filter with diesel when installing it and the car started instantly and ran as it should Good luck Andy