Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #22  
Old 29-05-18
Keithyv's Avatar
Keithyv Keithyv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Perth
Posts: 181
Default

I still have 18 months or so warranty left on my NW.
Has anyone got any comments re. Mitsubishi 'complaining' or denying any kind of warranty claims due to there being a 2nd filter installed?
I have not installed anything yet but I think it would be a good idea to do so (3 micron secondary filter)
Realistically I only have 1 service left under warranty or maybe 2 at a pinch. I did plan to avail myself of the 'capped price' services remaining, really only to see the 5 year warranty out.
On the very off chance something drastic does happen I don't want any hassles.

Oh and why is the wire going into the stock filter constrained by the plastic clamps making it impossible to unscrew the water float thing?
I mean I had to disconnect the plug and then manage to 'disconnect' the 2 plastic wire holder things just to get the thing out (otherwise you just twist up the sensor wire)

Why did they do it like this? Surely would make sense not to tether the wires, or at least make the holders less difficult to remove?
__________________
2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R. Champagne in colour!

Last edited by Keithyv; 29-05-18 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 17-08-18
HeavyPizzaz HeavyPizzaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 202
Default

I'm at work currently and going near a Supercheap Auto at lunch today and my Pajero and Donaldson secondary fuel filter kit are at home. Does anybody know the spec for the extra length of diesel fuel line that I require? Length and diameter etc.? This is my first diesel vehicle so am unsure.

Using Hill's firewall install as a guide, got my length of steel ready to go. Would like to install this weekend.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 17-08-18
vladguan's Avatar
vladguan vladguan is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 2,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
I'm at work currently and going near a Supercheap Auto at lunch today and my Pajero and Donaldson secondary fuel filter kit are at home. Does anybody know the spec for the extra length of diesel fuel line that I require? Length and diameter etc.? This is my first diesel vehicle so am unsure.

Using Hill's firewall install as a guide, got my length of steel ready to go. Would like to install this weekend.

Thanks!

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...donaldson+hose
TLDR: From Hill, "Additional components required include 500mm or so of 9.5mm fuel hose, home made bracket and a couple of hose clamps. The original inlet fuel hose is reused."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 17-08-18
HeavyPizzaz HeavyPizzaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...donaldson+hose
TLDR: From Hill, "Additional components required include 500mm or so of 9.5mm fuel hose, home made bracket and a couple of hose clamps. The original inlet fuel hose is reused."


Ah awesome thanks. I missed that one!! Think I saw a later thread maybe. Cheers!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 17-08-18
HeavyPizzaz HeavyPizzaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...donaldson+hose
TLDR: From Hill, "Additional components required include 500mm or so of 9.5mm fuel hose, home made bracket and a couple of hose clamps. The original inlet fuel hose is reused."


Interestingly, Hillís comment says 9.5mm fuel hose but the thread talks about 10mm vs 12mm. And on that point, somebody suggests that the 2010 model uses 12mm and 2011 uses 10mm so I assume my 2016 is still 10mm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 17-08-18
vladguan's Avatar
vladguan vladguan is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 2,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
Interestingly, Hillís comment says 9.5mm fuel hose but the thread talks about 10mm vs 12mm. And on that point, somebody suggests that the 2010 model uses 12mm and 2011 uses 10mm so I assume my 2016 is still 10mm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, 10mm. Get a metre of hose. Better to be longer and trim as needed than having to go out and get a longer one if too short.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 17-08-18
HeavyPizzaz HeavyPizzaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
yeah, 10mm. Get a metre of hose. Better to be longer and trim as needed than having to go out and get a longer one if too short.

Cool thanks mate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 19-08-18
Handy Andy Handy Andy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 165
Default secondary filter

Gidday Heavy Pissaz
I have a NW and have used two filters since new (also Donaldson, primary). When I set it up I picked up some Goodyear fuel line from Bursons. As its made in USA its stamped 3/8th (9.5mm) fuel line Ortac and I have had no issues at all. MM have never commented when its been serviced.
I filled the filter with diesel when installing it and the car started instantly and ran as it should Good luck Andy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Secondary Fuel Filter 1_johnboy Pajero Sport 8 26-08-17 12:01 PM
Donaldson secondary filter now stalling. Pittsy87 Generation 4-3 Pajero 17 22-07-17 09:42 PM
Secondary Fuel FIlter Hill Fuel and fuel systems 19 17-06-17 08:43 PM
Catch Can, Secondary Filter and Snorkel Fozzy Generation 4-2 Pajero 10 17-05-17 07:42 PM
Secondary fuel filter Rocketrod Generation 4-2 Pajero 9 06-03-16 09:45 PM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.