Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 17-07-18

Default Intercooler hoses

Hi guys,
FYI, I had recently split the throttle body side intercooler hose on my PB and approached Mitsi for a new one and was quoted $150.00.
In the end I ordered a set of Plazmaman silicone Triton intercooler hoses, replacing both hoses for $195.00.
The old hosess had to be cut away from the intercooler ends but apart from that it was an easy job and they’re a great fit.
Old 18-07-18
Valued Member

Bugger, I just replaced both mine with genuine jobs at $250 each.

The place that does my services now tried to order in the silicone jobs but couldn’t get them, we waited over 2 months for them with no success. I will pass on the details for next time. Challenger seems to be running real nice now with new hoses on.
MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.
Old 18-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Hi guys,
FYI, I had recently split the throttle body side intercooler hose on my PB and approached Mitsi for a new one and was quoted $150.00.
In the end I ordered a set of Plazmaman silicone Triton intercooler hoses, replacing both hoses for $195.00.
The old hosess had to be cut away from the intercooler ends but apart from that it was an easy job and they’re a great fit.
Thanks Bushrat. Thats handy to know. How many K's on your PB. Just chasing a guide as to when to replace mine.
2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , 170 Lightforce , , TJM XGS 4000 suspension, GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , SPV plug n play , Ultragauge,ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box.
Old 18-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Hi guys,
Hello Bushrat, can I ask what the inside of your old hoses looked like? Any oil or something else that might suggest others including myself (new motor last month) should look at replacing as a preventative measure to increase engine life? thanks.
Old 04-08-18

Lots of oil inside the hoses, not sure what caused the split though. Just noticed a lot more exhaust smoke than usual and a loss of some power. Well worth a physical check of the hoses. 160k on mine.

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/...iABEgJC2vD_BwE

Last edited by Bushrat; 04-08-18 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-08-18

I think a company called forefront industries does silicone hoses also
Old 11-08-18

Just purchased the full set for $280 from the Automotive Superstore. This includes the hose behind the grill in front of the intercooler. This one looks as though the grill panels will need to be removed to gain access. Will report back on the degree of difficulty once they arrive and are fitted up.
2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , 170 Lightforce , , TJM XGS 4000 suspension, GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , SPV plug n play , Ultragauge,ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box.
Old 12-08-18

Did a day trip to Cooma yesterday and saw a Triton that looked like he'd lost an intercooler hose. My Challenger has been squeeling like it's got a boost leak for the last week, had a look this morning and sure enough the hose from turbo to intercooler looks to have started to fail.
Old 12-08-18

So, pros and cons for hard pipes vs silonon hoses? I definitely need a new set now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Hey just checking if these were the same hoses you used? They work straight back?

https://plazmaman.com/product/mitsubishi-triton/