Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 17-05-18

Default DIY Metal Folder

So I bought an awning for the NP and found an issue with the L shaped brackets - with them 'turned' up the awning sits a bit high for my liking, but with them in the down position the awning hits the roof. "No Problem" I said - will make my own custom brackets out of 5mm steel bar.

I needed a way of neatly bending the bar rather than the usual stick it in the vise and smack the end over. The bed is made out of 3 pieces of 5mm angle I welded together:

Welds are done with a cheap inverter machine off ebay. Not the neatest but my excuse is I haven't welded anything in past 20 years or so.

To attach the top part to the press I drilled & tapped two holes in a coupling:

Haven't made the brackets yet but did test on a bit of scrap and it bends 5mm bar without any effort at all.

Cheers
2003 NP 3.5. LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.
Old 17-05-18

nicely done.
2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers
Old 17-05-18
Valued Member

Yeah, good one mate. I like a bit of ingenuity – a hydraulic press is the one thing I haven’t got in my workshop that I would like – finding room is the problem. A very handy gadget.

Cheers

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 17-05-18

Love it. 🖒

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 17-05-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHendo View Post
finding room is the problem. A very handy gadget.

Cheers

Geoff
Yeah I know what you mean. Mine is just a baby bench-mounted job. I bought it on a bit of a whim when supercrap had a sale on and never used it for ages. Since I used it the first time though it seems to be one of those tools I wonder how I lived without!

Cheers,
2003 NP 3.5. LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.
Old 17-05-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigried View Post
Love it. ��

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Thanks

If you like that then you'll probably love this site (one of my favourites):

http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/

If ever I win lotto then I'm retiring to the shed and building as many as those as possible!

Cheers,

Last edited by chrisall; 17-05-18 at 08:50 PM.