Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 14-05-18

Default Finke 2018 Spectator

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice from any who have been to Finke as a spectator.

My plan was to catch the prologue then head straight down to Finke and hopefully get a camp site around 20km north on the western side of the track. The reason for that is I want to be able to start heading south home on the Monday arvo. I know the track is closed until 6pm Monday but are there any other ways out to the Stuart Hwy besides driving the track back to Finke?

Or am I better off just staying up the Alice end with the rest of the hooligans around Deep Well where I can get out before 6.

Thanks
Old 15-05-18

We camped around that area last year and were able to leave in the early afternoon after it was clear that all the competitors had passed. Where we camped, the track ran alongside the road most of the way back to finke and by the time we got back to finke all the roads were open. Though it took a while traveling at 20kmh with a broken shock.
MK triton tray top