Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Bullbar Cost - ARB/MCC/OL/TJM etc.

Hi All,

It's my first post here, please let me know if the price topic is inappropriate.

I just bought a used hail damaged Pajero NW and am ringing around for bullbar quotes.

From posts here, it seems that OL and TJM may be slightly cheaper than ARB, and MCC is even more cheaper. I am kinda tight on my budget, but still want to get a new one.

However, I got a quote from a local MCC dealer in Canberra for $2200 fitted for MCC, while the RRP of ARB Deluxe is only $2548 fitted with fog lights, and TJM and OL even gave me quotes for $2700+ fitted (with fogs, black), which sound way more than what I saw in the forum. So I narrowed down to ARB and MCC, as ARB guy on the phone said they will look after me when I go to their shop.

But I have read the post by Sharkcaver about the ARB bullbar issue, and also doubt if the MCC brackets are alright, as from the photo from Tassiepomme, I reckon there are even less bolts compared to the ARB one. As a winch is mounted right onto an MCC bullbar, the strength is a concern for me.

Has anyone recently got a bullbar and may I ask how much you guys have paid for?
Any ideas about the mounting system of MCC and ARB will be appreciated. Thanks guys

Cheers,
Haonan

Last edited by mahonam; 1 Week Ago at 06:36 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

I can't help too much, but I recently had an insurance claim approved to replace my bull bar (long story, bent brackets, can't get replacements - but Covid-19 put the job on hold).

The repairer I chose was recommending either ARB or Ironman. He'd fitted one TJM bar and never wanted to see another. I was planning to research weights of both bars, but never got there.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 1 Week Ago

I can't help with price but I had an ARB bar on my NS and I have a TJM on my NW. I wouldn't go with a TJM again. The quality of finish just isn't as good as ARB and I think the ARB bar looks better.
Old 1 Week Ago

I've watched this video by Sharkcaver, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKoA0qOZ2yo
at 3:59 there is a comparison between the mounting system of ARB and TJM. For me the TJM brackets look stronger than the ARB ones. I do think the ARB bullbar looks better, and also $300 cheaper (fitted) here than the TJM in Canberra. I just didn't think of the difference is so much.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Most likely I will be shot down but I would buy a bull bar on performance not looks.
Old 1 Week Ago

My ARB plus LED fog light upgrade cost$2800 fitted about September last year
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

TJM bar fit attached if of use to anyone. Kiwi1973 bounced a MCC bar across Asia with winch fitted from memory.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Installation Instructions TJM Outback Steel Bullbar NS-NT Pajero #070SB13N52U LR2.pdf (1.87 MB, 12 views)
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Problem with Opposite Lock Steel Winch Bar mounts cracking.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=57701

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
Most likely I will be shot down but I would buy a bull bar on performance not looks.
I reckon performance and durability are the most important, the looks are pretty much similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie_au View Post
My ARB plus LED fog light upgrade cost$2800 fitted about September last year
Their additional RRP for upgrade without existing fog lights is around $400. That's probably where the price is from. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
TJM bar fit attached if of use to anyone. Kiwi1973 bounced a MCC bar across Asia with winch fitted from memory.
That's pretty impressive. I've read his post, it looks great, except for that the bar bent while winching (not quite sure, from my memory). MCC and ARB are the same for winch installation, but I haven't seen anyone with ARB in the forum mentioned that problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Problem with Opposite Lock Steel Winch Bar mounts cracking.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=57701

OJ.
That's because of incorrect installation I think, although the mounting bracket looks quite similar to the ARB's.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

& as Kiwi1973 mentioned, 12,000Lb winch what he was doing he's not surprised it bent

Bent back, winched many more times & bounced across Asia.

ARB bar x 2 bounced up stock route broke 2 x cars.

TJM in my opinion mounts better than ARB.

The rest is your choice