Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default Possible suspension problem - body roll.

In recent months (have been meaning to get on to this but lately only drive the pajero about once a fortnight) I seem to have more body roll when going straight through a round about and also seem to have what feel like a diagonal sway if change direction sharply or there undulations in the road.

I'm guessing sway bar bushes are perhaps worn? Or would a failed shock absorber feel/behave the same.

How can and should I go about checking?

Note: I haven't bothered to update my signature details for a long time, but I have 2inch lift ultimate suspension kit that was put in about 50000kms ago. Currently there is approximately 220000kms clocked on the odometer.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Last edited by craka; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:54 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I've had a look at the end links but can't see anything obvious. By hand with wheels on near level ground I can get movement about axis of each of the ball joint ends of the end links but by hand I can't feel and vertical movement.

Is that an okay of checking them, of do I need to get leverage under them some how to check? Is there a better way?

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

you could try jacking one front wheel only, and inspect the anti-roll bar in its bushings. You should be able to see if the bar is higher on one side relative to the other. You should get some wheel lift (that would be when the roll bar is acting as a spring), but I would expect no more than 30 mm as a guess.
Old 1 Week Ago

I have the same problem as you recently, with a slightly strange noise at the front right like a clonk clonk permanently, I removed the right front wheel this evening, to check a little, and the lower arm bushes are completely smashed .
I understand better my strange wear on the right front wheel now .

On the other hand, I saw that there were parts in polyurethanes, what does that bring in more please ?