Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers

Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers It's all about the great outdoors. What you have and where you stayed.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
My wife is NOT into roughing it whilst camping. One time at Pyramid Gorge, we were camped overnight. She wasn't going to have a shower, but after walking down into the gorge and coming back up, we were both very sweaty and stinky. So I set up an Asian style mandi for us. We had a 5 L bucket of water. I got a small saucepan and filled it from the bucket and boiled it up on the stove. Then I emptied it back into the bucket and proceeded to scoop a panful of warm water and dump it directly over my head. Soap up and repeat the process - very refreshing. I used only about 2 litres of water for the whole wash. My wife then reluctantly did the same, only she had to have the saucepan boiled up twice. To this day, she recalls how refreshing it was. It is the most refreshing way to have a shower. But we still don't bush camp unless absolutely necessary - these days it is ensuites or nothing.... To each his own - I am jealous of those who can go out well away from it all and camp, but probably will never get the chance again.

They area funny breed. My missus wont go camping again. Fair enough..that now means I get away by myself. Normally I,ll jump in a river...winter or not. As you say...each to their own but I think many nowadays most dont really experience real camping. So much pressure on many camping spots now as well. Showers aren,t an issue...its the pigs that cant dig a hole or cover there dunny paper whilst camping. Cape York looks like a snow field at time thanks to those that haven't the intelligence to shit properly.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Nothing like a shower after a few days of nothing or at best a "pommy wash".
Dean
NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Showers aren,t an issue...its the pigs that cant dig a hole or cover there dunny paper whilst camping. Cape York looks like a snow field at time thanks to those that haven't the intelligence to shit properly.
Too right Dicko, maybe they should read this book...

https://www.amazon.com/How-Shit-Wood...0HS3DA5G9K806Q

My only problem with it is that it's Version 4. I'm wondering what was wrong with versions 1, 2 and 3 that they had to update it ? I hate to think.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.