• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rusty
    • Jun 2007
    • Victoria, Australia

Why not join

Hi all
    There has been mention on a couple of threads (mainly the advertising on the Forum thread) about the pros and cons of joining the Club if you are not in Melbourne.
    Did you know that there is a Country/Remote/Interstate category (not "Junior" as someone mentioned). Joining fee is the same ($75), as the costs to set up new Members is the same, but annual fee is $60, not $100, or pro rata if you join mid term.
    Benefits of Membership are the same, 11 copies of Club Mag, discounts from selected sponsors of the Club (including many National suppliers) which includes MMA through Dealers (although sometimes you have to pressure them) and etc.
    The discount from MMA for example saved me more than my annual Membership when I purchased a nudge bar and a few odds and ends recently, while new vehicle purchase might also attract a significant discount if you are not a trade purchaser or a member of Big4.
    We have many such Members now and at our recent Xmas get together and Almost Beginners Weekend we had a Member come from Wangaratta so there are possibilities for remote Members to get to some trips. Also many trips pass through interstate loactions and there might be the possibility to tag along on that part of the trip if you have an interest.
    So if you have had thoughts about supporting the Club that runs the Forum give this some thought. Joining details are on the Club Website.
    Rusty
    2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
    Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
    2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras
  • peterdeg
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • NW Sydney

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Did you know that there is a Country/Remote/Interstate category
    No I didn't.
    Where does it mention that on the main website?
    The application form makes no mention of different categories.
    Peter
    2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Might have to check into it Rusty as I couldn't find it in the members area of our website. I know Ron posted something on the old forum regarding membership for forum members. Maybe I should send an email to David to clarify!
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Rusty
        • Jun 2007
        • Victoria, Australia

You are spot on peterdeg and Pickle.
        There is no differentiation on the application form. You, the prospective Member, complete you application and if you fall outside a particular radius from Melbourne then you are automatically granted "Country" Membership and the relevant rate.
        How far is that radius I hear you ask?? Don't know but will find out and post the results.
        Rusty
        2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Looks like we might have to do a little homework on this, so the jury is out at the moment.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Rusty
            • Jun 2007
            • Victoria, Australia

OK done the homework and the answer is?????
            There is no clear definition at this time but it is on the Clubs agenda to attend to. So, as soon as we get clarification, this Forum will be the second to know.
            Rusty

Comment

• peterdeg
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • NW Sydney

Keep in mind that you're the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria, so differentiating between Victorian metro and non-metro members may upset some.

Whatever you decide needs to be clearly documented.

Just my 2 cents worth to the club's discussions.
              Peter
              2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• Ranger J
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Perth, Western Australia

I can see the potential for a West Australian Division.

I will be interested to see what arises from these discussions

Regards,
                Jayden
                NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Old Paj
                  Pajero Club Life Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Heathcote, Vic

Interstate & Overseas Members

Pajero 4WDC of Vic Bylaw No. 5 allows for Interstate and Overseas magazine subscribers. It also provides that the committee set the fee based on production and distribution costs of the magazine. I would think this would mean that within Australia for interstate members it could realisticly be a set fee. However, for overseas members, as the postage costs vary country to country this would have to be a variable rate depending on the country.

The club rules do not make provisions for interstate and overseas members, only for single, family, honorary, temporary and life where the members drive a Pajero, but no reference to needing to live in Victoria. At the discretion of the committee, potential members may be allowed that don't drive a pajero (in 20 + years of membership, I have never heard of a potential member being refused). Therefore the bylaws achieve their aim of supporting/expanding on the rules.

While in Dec there is a vote on some amendments to the rules, these do not relate to membership matters/classes. That being said, the rules are probably due for review and amendment and I believe that the committee is addressing these matters. Further the bylaws also are being subject to review.

Changes to the rules must be processed/approved by the membership, having received appropriate notice, at a meeting of the membership, with proxies allowed.
                  NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Pickle
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2007
                    • All over Oz

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
                    That being said, the rules are probably due for review and amendment and I believe that the committee is addressing these matters. Further the bylaws also are being subject to review.

Changes to the rules must be processed/approved by the membership, having received appropriate notice, at a meeting of the membership, with proxies allowed.
                    That we certainly are! Also next com meeting in Feb, so a long ways away before it is dealt with.
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Jas100LC
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne

"Post removed as requested"

Regards,

Jason
                      Last edited by Jas100LC; 06-12-07, 07:09 AM.
                      Jason.

Eastern Burbs of Melb

100 Series Land Cruiser

"Sahara"

Comment

• marquis
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Newcastle

The Vic Pajero Club mag - wouldn't it be cheaper to have them as a download?

I would think a high percentage of members would be online these days.

---
                        my 2c

---
                        --
                        Marquis
                        SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Yes there is a lot on line nowadays. Pretty sure we did a poll of members and most agreed a magazine is a lot better than downloading. I prefer the mag!
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Greg
                            • Oct 2007
                            • Melbourne

Can't download in the toilet but you can definately read a mag....
                            1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X