X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanFerns
    • Sep 2020
    • Tampa, FL

If you are lucky, you may see a reduction in fuel usage. The exact amount is difficult to say - I reckon 5% at most. The type of driving you do (traffic, stop/start etc) has more influence on fuel consumption. Most of my driving is highway, but I use A/T tyres for peace of mind when I am on back tracks somewhere. The last thing I want is a puncture whilst going up or down a fire trail somewhere.
    Same here. My toyo tires are doing wonders for me, each time I'd take my Pajero for a drive. I'm not comfortable mounting M/T tires on my ride. For me, A/T tires are more cost-efficient.
    Last edited by DanFerns; 21-01-21, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by nvll.mrrs View Post
      My new Sport has Toyo Open Country 110H M&S. Really good on seal wet or dry, fine in mud with load and trailer. A bit twitchy on gravel roads but the electronics kept in in line.

I have been told by tyre guys in the past the strength of the wall is very important particularly if you are on lowered tyre pressure. 2plys can rupture much easier just an unfortunately placed rock can wreck a tyre.
      Toyo make a special Open Country tyre for the Pajero Sport as the original equipment fitment, it is an "Open Country A32 M+S" in a 265/60R18 110H.

This is a light duty passenger construction tyre that is quiet, comfortable and cost effective for Mitsubishi.
      It in not an AT tyre but it is has a slightly more open tread pattern hence the "M+S" mud and snow rating.

Toyo do make an Open Country AT2 in a 265/60R18 110T, this is still a light duty passenger construction tyre but it has a more aggressive All Terrain tread pattern so off bitumen traction and handling is improved. However do not be fooled, this is still a passenger construction tyre with soft sidewalls and tread so it will puncture more easily than a light truck "LT" construction tyre.

OJ.

2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Swede50
        • Oct 2016
        • Melbourne

Would something like this be a better alternative
        Cooper Discovery ATT
        The ATT is a lifestyle all-terrain tyre designed with SUV drivers in mind. With Wear Square Indicators and guaranteed for 60,00km its value for money. Shop now.

Seems to be half way there in between HT and AT
        NT '10 ARB Bar King & Koni Raid TJM Snorkel Lithium Aux, Winch Ultraguage TPMS Lockup Mate HIKEIT LRA Aux tank and lots of other stuff

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Swede50 View Post
          Would something like this be a better alternative
          Cooper Discovery ATT
          https://www.coopertires.com.au/our-r...vcar-tyres/att
          Seems to be half way there in between HT and AT
          The Cooper ATT in a 265/60R18 is still a passenger construction tyre but it has a XL extra loading rating of 114, up from 110 load index. The tread pattern is a hybrid HT/AT so combined with the XL construction then this type of tyre are a great replacement for the OEM tyres if you are only do light duty off bitumen driving or bitumen towing. This type of tyre is become more available with most brands offering something.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Swede50
            • Oct 2016
            • Melbourne

Thanks OJ
            Just to hijack the thread,,,,,,,
            Looking for a tyre for a Forester 225 55 R18 and those were the only ones that seem to be better then originals.
            Old Mate that owns the vehicle is a keen fly fisher and wants to go a few easy places in the high country Vic.
            Any other thoughts for his application would be great
            Cheers, Johan
            NT '10 ARB Bar King & Koni Raid TJM Snorkel Lithium Aux, Winch Ultraguage TPMS Lockup Mate HIKEIT LRA Aux tank and lots of other stuff

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Swede50 View Post
              Thanks OJ
              Just to hijack the thread,,,,,,,
              Looking for a tyre for a Forester 225 55 R18 and those were the only ones that seem to be better then originals.
              Old Mate that owns the vehicle is a keen fly fisher and wants to go a few easy places in the high country Vic.
              Any other thoughts for his application would be great
              Cheers, Johan
              Agree 100% it is the only upgrade tyre I could find in the size.

OJ.

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011

Hi Johan,

I would also encourage your FF Mate to invest in some Maxtrax Mini, these will help him get out of most troubles.
                $180 investment is cheap insurance, much better than accepting some help from a 4wd cowboy with 37" tyres, a small IQ and even smaller appendage, who wants to do a full speed snatch recovery and rip the front of the Forester!

OJ.

https://www.anacondastores.com/campi...clid=Cj0KCQiAq dP9BRDVARIsAGSZ8AkDu8hjY09j9RVqNxi0AfeKokVUibrivSf Sm9phWUP3xO0wX9jlVjQaAvDEEALw_wcB

Comment

• Swede50
                  • Oct 2016
                  • Melbourne

Hi OJ

Thanks for that
                  I agree about the maxtracks,,,, Even a pair of Ebay cheapies would e better then nothing
                  Johan

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X