• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cafey18
    • Aug 2018
    • Bathurst NSW

Pajero V6 600Nm 4tonne tow capacity

If only Mitsubishi could produce a 600Nm 4tonne tow capacity Pajero !
    What a perfect vehicle that would be. I wonder if there is anything planned like this in the near future. Perhaps like Toyota they may come up with a hybrid and utilise the enormous torque of electric motors. I hear the next generationof cruisers could possibly be some form of hybrid. I just don't see the technology quite there yet to be able to tow a van around Australia with electric yet.
    Cheers
    Cafey.
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

The technology to put electric motors of virtually any size into a vehicle already exists - look at diesel electric locomotives. The problem is that you need to get power to the brutes where you need it, and Oz is an awfully big place. Yes - the sun shines pretty well all over the country, but at 1 kW per square metre (at peak time of the day), you need a lot of panels to do this. Hydrogen is a very strong possibility if someone can come up with a means to crack the strong bond between the Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules. At present, you need a very high power source to do this.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

If only Mitsubishi could produce a 600Nm 4tonne tow capacity Pajero !

That would be the last thing we need! More bloody great aluminum roadblocks on the highway. Many dont go camping anymore. Its either glamping or taking the house on a holiday. Free camping is on the nose, thanks to selfish and piggish travelers. Caravan sites are packing more in and charging a lot more. We dont need bigger vehicles...we need people to use a little intelligence and buy a smaller van that suits easy travel, low maintenance, low running costs and is well inside a vehicles towing capacity. If people used a little intelligence and limited there towing figure to say around 2/3 of the mystical towing capacity many manufacturers cite then there would not be the complete debacle there is at the moment regarding tow weights, GCM, ATM, etc.etc. The modern Pajero tows 2 tonne nicely and will generally keep up with traffic on the highway safely. An ecu remap will help the Paj even more. 20% max and you have one sweet tow vehicle .
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

I agree with both Erad and Dicko, we have to start thinking differently about how we travel in the future, and how we live.
        Hybrid Electric vehicles will be the pathway way forward.
        Clever design, composite materials and non traditional construction techniques will provide safer, lighter, stronger vehicle and mobile accomodation.
        Most importantly we need to change our expectations and behaviour, and not get sucked into the bigger is better, excessive consumption mentality that we are constantly upsold, the only people that really benefit are those that are doing the up selling.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• cafey18
          • Aug 2018
          • Bathurst NSW

I thought that might attract some interesting commentary ! Some I agree with and some I don't, lucky we live in such a great land. Personally I would love to see the country free camping on an adventure bike with minimal of everything and appreciate what we have under the stars. The so called aluminium road blocks don't exist for long on a bike and the comfort level now days is wonderful. A hybrid adventure bike ? They well all evolve I'm sure. Still yet to convince the better half that this would be the way to go !
          Cheers
          Cafey

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

Everyone these days is praising the electric car, and mostly with good reason. The main virtue of an electric car is lack of pollution - at least in the city where most of them will be anyway. Forget that for now and the next 40 years, the electricity to charge the cars will mostly come from coal or gas fired power stations - the pollution is not in the city.

My main concern about electric cars is oddly enough, the lack of noise. It is bad enough driving around where I live now - kangaroos abound (pun intended) everywhere. At least with a noisy rattly old 4m41 diesel, hopefully the blighters will hear me coming well before I get there. Many years ago, I had a 1963 Ford Cortina. I used to go skiing every weekend and never did I see a kangaroo and only rarely a wombat. The Cortina had in retrospect a very noisy, rattly timing chain. Eventually I bought a Triumph 2000, and the first trip skiing - Bang - I hit a roo. In my 7 years with that car, I hit at least 12 roos (only one causing major damage). The difference? - the Triumph was very quiet. The prospectof hitting a roo at 100 km/h in an electric car scares me.

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by erad View Post
              Everyone these days is praising the electric car, and mostly with good reason. The main virtue of an electric car is lack of pollution - at least in the city where most of them will be anyway. Forget that for now and the next 40 years, the electricity to charge the cars will mostly come from coal or gas fired power stations - the pollution is not in the city.

My main concern about electric cars is oddly enough, the lack of noise. It is bad enough driving around where I live now - kangaroos abound (pun intended) everywhere. At least with a noisy rattly old 4m41 diesel, hopefully the blighters will hear me coming well before I get there. Many years ago, I had a 1963 Ford Cortina. I used to go skiing every weekend and never did I see a kangaroo and only rarely a wombat. The Cortina had in retrospect a very noisy, rattly timing chain. Eventually I bought a Triumph 2000, and the first trip skiing - Bang - I hit a roo. In my 7 years with that car, I hit at least 12 roos (only one causing major damage). The difference? - the Triumph was very quiet. The prospectof hitting a roo at 100 km/h in an electric car scares me.

Too quiet? Simple fix mate. Just use 2 pegs and clip some cardboard onto the frame and let it clack on the wheel spokes!! Remember doing this as a kid? lol
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

Electric scooters flying past pedestrians are worse than electric cars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X