• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Most people do not like tolls, but they accept them because the alternatives generally involve a lot more inconvenience. I certainly don't like tolls, but lately I have given more than my share to M7 and M2 owners because we had to commute to and from hospital in Sydney. The extra burden of going via regular roads, especially with a partner who has just come out of hospital made it worthwhile to use the motorways. But now, to treble the tolls for "light"vehicles is way over the top.

My preference when heading North is to use the Putty Road. It is quiet, scenic and you miss most of the traffic lights etc around Sydney. However, lately we have been going to Brisbane via the coast road. The upgrades to the Pacific Hwy (which we ALL pay for, even if we don't use them) do slow you down a bit, but not like they used to. Overall, the road is safe enough and the trip now is not the arduous trek it once was. However, this route involves going through Sydney....

I cannot fathom why we all pay for the Pacific Hwy upgrades but do not apply the same logic to the freeways around Sydney. Maybe I can.... I imagine that TransUrban and other major companies contribute significantly to the political parties in power a the time, but probably equally to the opposition as well, lest they get into power. This gives them the right to fleece the public with Govt agreement. Good Heavens - What did I just say? Wash your mouth out with soap!

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

I just came across this on Facebook. Apparently the nsw government doesn't yet accept online petitions

Anyway, there is a petition going around to drop the stupid high fee for those towing trailers/caravans etc, organised by Sonia Hornery MP, whoever that is

Follow the link if you're on Facebook, and if you're not then I guess get in contact with Sonia Hornery

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
      Last edited by disco stu; 15-02-20, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2019
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by erad View Post
        I cannot fathom why we all pay for the Pacific Hwy upgrades but do not apply the same logic to the freeways around Sydney. Maybe I can.... I imagine that TransUrban and other major companies contribute significantly to the political parties in power a the time, but probably equally to the opposition as well, lest they get into power. This gives them the right to fleece the public with Govt agreement. Good Heavens - What did I just say? Wash your mouth out with soap!
        I could accept tolls if we owned them.
        Trillions of dollars in Super as example, billions given in "overseas aid" & we sell the goose that lays the eggs & it lays a whole lot of eggs?

What is completley unimaginable is we pay people to do this on our behalf, we actually employ them
        Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

I wrote to the NSW Minister for Transport and also the local member (who is the Leader of the National Party in NSW), complaining about the increase in tolls. There has been a deafening silence from both of these 'Gentlemen'. I could hardly expect anything else.

I actually used the M2/M7 tollways with my caravan in mid January. My caravan is a 16.5 ft Jayco poptop. The overall length of the rig is from memory 11.8 m, and the height is less than 2.1 m. I was charged the same toll as for a regular car ie about $11 each way, but I would hate to have to pay the truck rate....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X