Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solenoid Image request

Hi all,

If anyone has an NM with NO C/D light flashing issue, could I please request a photo of the solenoid near the air filter off someone to ensure the vacuum hoses are connected correctly?
    Cheers in advance..

Mick

Nevermind, I tried 4H and that resulted in an ear piercing grinding noise so I think I have my answer..

Comment

• dinuwanjay
      • May 2019
      • Colombo

What was the issue ?

Comment

G'day mate,
        I've had a Centre Diff flashing light every time I try to attempt 4WD. Basically get the flash if I move it out of 2H. Replaced the actuator and the solenoid switch on the front Diff, and the vacuum switch under the air filter and still nothing. I've got all five switches to replace on the transfer case so that's next job but I'm suss on my vacuum hose configuration on the vacuum solenoid. The first time I've even heard a reaction out of the front Diff was yesterday. Travelling around 30km/h right near home, backed off the accelerator, straight line and it made an almighty grinding sound initially and then continued till I stopped. I shut the engine off, put it back in 2H, started it up again, green lights in 2H, no drama.. It's really starting to PMO.. I've done so much work to this thing and it's primary function has never worked since I bought it.. i.e. 4WD..
        Basically just wanted a photo of a currently working vacuum solenoid and the vacuum hoses so I can rule out any hose configuration errors.

Comment

• disco stu
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2018
          • Wollongong

This is off an NL, but I understand that the same vacuum solenoids are used on both models. I couldn't get out to get the photo earlier as I was sick, then it was absolutely pouring rain for days

I've just redone all the vacuum lines there. The lines that stick into the ends of the solenoids (vac hoses with no colour marks on them) both go to a 4 way joiner, that has the main vacuum hose from intake into it, and another hose that goes down to the vacuum cylinder that is on the cross member (or is on the NL at least). The blue and yellow go down to the diff but can't remember what side they attach to. Need me to check that?

You are aware that the default state of the system to be in 4x4 when no vacuum is present? Some don't know that it seems, if something goes wrong you won't be stuck in 2wd

Comment

Thanks Disco Stu! Yep, mine was wrong but still won't go into 4x4. The top green lights just flash for a second then the orange light flashes. I'm gonna have a crack at the gearbox solenoids this weekend but I'm not sure if it will make a difference. If I do that it will mean I've replaced everything from front to back..Failing that I think a lighter and some fuel should fix it lol.. I'm completely over it!

Comment

• disco stu
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2018
              • Wollongong

No dramas. Have you checked the solenoid are actually working? How you get it sorted, sounds frustrating. I read tonight of someone else getting a grinding noise in 2h due to solenoid or similar-was transfer case attempting to go into 4wd. Their fix was the solenoid

Incidentally, I checked mine tonight and one is stuffed. Replacements ordered

Comment

• Roofchop
                • Jul 2018
                • Carool, Australia

I thought our cars were in 4x4 by default and when you start up (in 2H) and get vacuum the actuator disengages the front diff.

When everything is working as it should....

She'll be right after you replace the switches....

They are a poor design, I cut one open after replacing mine and the contacts are steel with some plating on them which had corroded essentially gone rusty from moist air in the 'box.

That and the fact most Pajeros stay in 2H most of their life and the switches never get cycled....

Cheers
                Dave

Edit, Disco Stu said what I thought.....
                2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

• disco stu
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2018
                  • Wollongong

Sounds like they are definitely worth the $300 that Mitsubishi charges for the original then.....

I paid like $26 on eBay. Doesn't sound like quality can be too much worse

Comment

• juanchos
                    • May 2019
                    • Carolina

Solenoid

These cured the GRRRRRRRRRRR noise in mine.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2019
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by yenrot View Post
                      G'day mate,
                      I've had a Centre Diff flashing light every time I try to attempt 4WD. Basically get the flash if I move it out of 2H. Replaced the actuator and the solenoid switch on the front Diff, and the vacuum switch under the air filter and still nothing. I've got all five switches to replace on the transfer case so that's next job but I'm suss on my vacuum hose configuration on the vacuum solenoid. The first time I've even heard a reaction out of the front Diff was yesterday. Travelling around 30km/h right near home, backed off the accelerator, straight line and it made an almighty grinding sound initially and then continued till I stopped. I shut the engine off, put it back in 2H, started it up again, green lights in 2H, no drama.. It's really starting to PMO.. I've done so much work to this thing and it's primary function has never worked since I bought it.. i.e. 4WD..
                      Basically just wanted a photo of a currently working vacuum solenoid and the vacuum hoses so I can rule out any hose configuration errors.
                      Attached might help? May or may not be relevent to your vehicle?

Or if the link don't work

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Thanks fellas. Well, everything replaced and still no go. I'm biting the bullet and taking it in to get done. I officially give up and that doesn't happen very often lol...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X