Below Nav Bar

Collapse

RedArc Tow Pro Elite recalibration issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scooby
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Ipswich, Qld.

RedArc Tow Pro Elite recalibration issue.

Just a bit of experience with the RedArc Tow Pro Elite and a lazy battery, causing the RedArc to go back to calibration mode after starting.
    Got a call from daughter on way home from horse show complaining that the brake thingy is crap. The float brakes keep locking up and to put a brake controller like the old car had, (Tekonsha) Tried to work out what she was on about, asked what the knob position was and what the light was doing, “What knob light” was the response. Had given her a rundown on the RedArc but that is a whole different story!
    Anyway started the Pajero the next morning with the float still on and went to move it and the brakes locked up, looked at the knob on about 5 but was flashing blue green indicating calibration in progress. Turned the knob down to low braking power and took float for a drive until the calibration finished, only took about 5 braking events. Put the float away and checked the brake controller install couldn’t see anything wrong, read manual and saw operating voltage was 9volts minimum, so put a multimeter on the battery and started it was just above 9v when hot. Turned the headlights and fan on for 10 minutes and started it about 10 times. This time when I started it the volts dropped down to 8.5. It didn’t appear to have a staring problem.
    I then hooked the float back up and the blue green lights were flashing again.
    I talked to an auto sparky mate and he said on start up a good battery shouldn’t get below 10 volts, so I have changed the battery and haven’t had a problem since.
    So long winded story short, if your Redarc Tow Pro Elite keeps going into calibration mode, you probably have a battery on the way out. Also if you are all hooked up ready to go and this happens you will be in manual mode so will have to adjust the braking force with the knob so you don’t keep locking brakes up until it calibrates and goes back to proportional mode. Hope this has been useful, Cheers.
    Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X