• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickles77
    • Jun 2017
    • Perth

Petrol to Diesel swap

Hi all,

Will be swapping petrol to diesel in my MK triton eventually. If I drop a 4m40 in, will it bolt straight up to the 3L v6 gearbox?
    Are there any gearing differences?

Kyle
  • Gen3
    • Nov 2011
    • penrith , NSW

OMG , after reading all the posts on here with the 4M donks blowing head gaskets ,cracking heads , dropping timing chains and blowing smoke you actually want to put one in???

there are way too many differences , just save your money and the hassles and go buy something else

Comment

• DWC
      • Jul 2007
      • Newcastle

3L gearbox is smaller than the diesel one in pajero. Be easier if you can get the whole drive train
      '96 NJ ̶D̶O̶H̶C̶, 4M40/AUTO conversion, 2" TJM lift, Alloy bar, Dual Batteries,
      Icom UHF, 31" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Cibie Super Oscars, Aldi 9500lb winch.
      Conversion thread:
      http:// https://www2.pajeroclub.com....ad.php?t=50484

Comment

• Kingmarz
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2016
        • South Island New Zealand

Torque converter and input shaft are a lot smaller on the v6 trans! It won't fit!
        The 4m40 is an excellent engine to replace your gutless petrol and with simple modifications is no more likely to have any head problems than any other engine! I love my efi4m40 ! It's a grunt bucket and I push it hard daily.
        02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• Pickles77
          • Jun 2017
          • Perth

Had a complete donor car, was still registered. Repaired and sold for tidy profit.
          For the record, 4m40 is a good engine, would have gone ahead with swap if the profit wasn't so appetizing.
          Now sold both and can afford an upgrade

Comment

• Abbel
            • May 2018
            • Iowa,Des Moines

Thanks for all the useful information.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X