• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conquistador
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012
    • sth east queensland

Originally posted by Jeffwatkins View Post
    Just picked up the 'latest' 4X4 magazine. Interesting article re new Challenger.

Yep more electronic gizmos. Hope they don't make it into the Pajero except for the HDC.

BSW...Blind spot warning. How would that work. What does it do? Does it brake the vehicle, blow the horn, start beeping? People have different blind spots when sitting in a vehicle.

UMS...Ultrasonic misacceleration Mitigation System. Er what does that do? According to MM, while the vehicle is stationary or at speeds up to 10kph the UMS uses ultrasonic sensors to detect vehicle obstructions. It also regulates engine power when the driver firmly depresses the accelerator by mistake.

There is also a Multi around Monitor which displays a "birds eye view of the vehicle's perimeter."

Must not forget the Electronic parking brake.

Yes it does finally have one big plus. Hill Descent Control

Blind spot warning is simply a icon displaying in your side mirrors when a car is in your blind spot.......ie not visible in your rear or side mirror or peripheral vision. Think it works on same principle as reverse park sensors. I've driven a car with it and its good.

The unintended thing is to stop geriatrics from plowing into everything by doubling down on the accelerator when they think its the brake. Mitsubishi ought to licence this technology for free, especially for immaculate white camry's
    Last edited by conquistador; 11-12-15, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
      • Apr 2015
      • Jamisontown NSW

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
      Blind spot warning is simply a icon displaying in your side mirrors when a car is in your blind spot.......ie not visible in your rear or side mirror or peripheral vision. Think it works on same principle as reverse park sensors. I've driven a car with it and its good.

If that is the case your mirrors are not correctly aligned.

The unintended thing is to stop geriatrics from plowing into everything by doubling down on the accelerator when they think its the brake. Mitsubishi ought to licence this technology for free, especially for immaculate white camry's

It isn't only geriatrics that do that.

Comment

• RoyHarvey
        • Mar 2008
        • Adelaide

Half baked safety systems

Originally posted by cookie9 View Post
        As long as I can turn all that shit off I'm happy..
        I would also be happy if these systems could be turned off, but as I understand it, they can't.

I have been keeping an eye out for some body to come up with a mod that would allow ASC and TC to be effectively switched off. (Preferably the TC could be turned on when needed off road.)

There have been many posts on this forum about ASC causing adverse effects that were from memory attributed to:-
        A front wheel having been knocked slightly out of alignment.
        Tyres not being re inflated correctly after sand driving.
        A loose surface at an intersection. (Multiple posts on this issue.)
        A brand new Pajero having some un diagnosed fault.

IMHO that's not indicative of a safety feature, it's a built in hazard system.

In 50 years of on road driving I can not think of one occasion where I would have wanted some half baked computer program to interfere with the control of my vehicle.

Again IMHO, most of the new technology in modern cars is absolutely marvelous, but I don't want to drive a vehicle that has unresolved adverse control issues.
        2016 NX Pajero GLX
        Prev....2002 NM petrol passed on to SIL

Comment

• brianttr
          • Jul 2008
          • Sunshine Coast QLD

I've had many 4wds, as I love my wife's Benz ml 320 cdi which has everything electronic device you can imagine
          My favourite 4wd I still have for the beach up here in the sunshine coast and 4wding at Glasshouse mountains is my trusted 1994 NJ - no abs, no traction control, no hill decent, just plan old 4wding at its best
          1994 NJ Pajero
          2 inch lift, rear draws, snorkel, dual battery's, UHF, 22 inch led light bar, Shipshape roof top tent, ARB awning, alloy roof rack, cargo barrier.
          To do list - 2 inch body lift & some bigger tyres.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X