Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 23-10-14
Valued Member

Smile SPV Industries Plug and Play EGR Mod

I received my MK3 Plug and Play EGR Unit for my 2010 NT Pajero 3.2 litre auto wagon yesterday by registered mail. Believe me it is the best money I have ever spent on the Pajero. I put in on in less than 5 minutes, I think my 12 year old could have done it has quick.

The Paj now has no flat spots when pulling onto roundabouts etc, the turbo just spools up nicely there is no rough idle when stopped at traffic lights etc. something that various dealerships have been trying to fix since I purchase the car new and I think it may use less fuel but I have only done 80 kms since I fitted it.

I cannot wait to tell my friends with other Pajero about it. Is there anything else I should buy off you to make it run better. Many thanks to Tony and Libby of SPB Industries I have a different car. tony@spvindustries.com It took me about 4-5 minutes to fit and would take about 2 mins to remove. MH
2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads
Old 23-10-14
Valued Member

HI,

Yes it is so simple to fit - I'm glad we got one too! With the catch can, it can only be a plus.

Haven't really noticed any change though, engine still running at 86-88 degrees, no run on - same good fuel econ. But it stops the gunk and that's why we got it. I'm sure it must be good for the car not to be chocking up with black carbon!

Thanks to Tony for his prompt reply to all emails and great service.
Highly recommend.
Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 24-10-14

Just fitted mine, it does exactly as it says on the tin. EGR 0%. Have not noticed any other differences, not that I was expecting any.
Old 26-10-14

Fitted mine the other day a week after I did the manifold clean, only difference I noticed is on cold start up, and on a cold morning aprox 4 degrees it idles slightly higher about 750 rpm.
Excellent service from Tony and his wife Libby, I received the unit in under a week and that was to New Zealand.
ASX 4WD Sport 17"alloys
Old 26-10-14

I'm waiting for SPVi EGR Module Mk3.1 and OBDLink MX to be delivered.
To my understanding SPVi Mk3.1 has a switch to turn it on/off. Did anyone played with it, turning it on/off and comparing an outcome?
Old 27-10-14
Valued Member

Hi,

No, the SPV EGR Mk3.1 doesn't have an on/off button. It is just plug in. If you want to turn it off, just unplug it - takes 2 seconds.

I think you're thinking of the Mk2 version, in which you can order a switch with it.

You're OBD MX is for Torque - different things! I use a PLX OBD unit with ours and it has a switch on it to turn it off.

Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Old 27-10-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
Hi,

No, the SPV EGR Mk3.1 doesn't have an on/off button. It is just plug in. If you want to turn it off, just unplug it - takes 2 seconds.

I think you're thinking of the Mk2 version, in which you can order a switch with it.

You're OBD MX is for Torque - different things! I use a PLX OBD unit with ours and it has a switch on it to turn it off.

Cheers,
Sally
Yes, you are right SPV EGR Mk3.1does not have a switch, I confused it with Mk2 version.
OBD MX is for monitoring vehicle parameters using Torque application running on an Android tablet/smartphone, and it does not have on/off button to my understanding.
My apologies for not being clear, my question was about playing with SPV Mk2 on/off button in various driving conditions and observing the effect of EGR. It would be interesting to make a comparison.
Old 27-10-14
Valued Member

No worries...glad you have it sorted!

Haven't noticed any changes with the SPV Mod (Mk3) at all, but will have a look at Torque when we next use the van in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Sally

Old 28-10-14

Default spv contact

Cant seem to get a reply about the egr mod, does anyone have a.contact phone number for spv industries
Old 28-10-14

Quote:
Cant seem to get a reply about the egr mod, does anyone have a.contact phone number for spv industries
Yep same here, sent a read receipt just so I know it had been read and will be in touch soon but nothing yet fingers still crossed