Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Yes the balance belt tensioner design is flawed. It should be spring loaded continuously and not only until the bolts are done up. I gave that tensioner a bit of a hand prior to tightening it up so I guess I will see what happens.
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Bridgie Dueller M/T 674, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Fitted an Android based head unit.
Alpine is the brand, accepts Android Auto.
Got really sick of the call parameters of the original head unit.
The whole thing gave me the poo poo's severely.

New head unit works great, tell it to call someone in the contact list and a nice voice confirms the call is happening and the phone starts dialling.
All steering wheel controls work as does the veverse camera. Took 3 different aftermarket wiring harnesses wired together, sounds complicated but actually very easy to do. Most of the colours match upexcept for 2.

A word of advice to anyone else doing same, i had power saving on initially and google maps kept crashing. Turn power save off and everything works as you would expect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200213_180615_resized.jpg (193.5 KB, 42 views)
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by amec View Post

New head unit works great, tell it to call someone in the contact list and a nice voice confirms the call is happening and the phone starts dialling.
All steering wheel controls work as does the veverse camera. Took 3 different aftermarket wiring harnesses wired together, sounds complicated but actually very easy to do. Most of the colours match upexcept for 2.

A word of advice to anyone else doing same, i had power saving on initially and google maps kept crashing. Turn power save off and everything works as you would expect.
These Android units are great. I bought my PC partly because of already having it (Sony version) fitted. They give so much more functionality, for relatively little cost, and make owning a Challenger a modern experience!

Good tip on the power save. My phone quite often disconnects when in maps. I presume this is a setting on the unit rather than in Android auto on the phone?
Old 1 Week Ago

I have installed an app to keep the screen always on with my Samsung s9+
It's called Stay Alive .

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekthetree View Post
These Android units are great. I bought my PC partly because of already having it (Sony version) fitted. They give so much more functionality, for relatively little cost, and make owning a Challenger a modern experience!

Good tip on the power save. My phone quite often disconnects when in maps. I presume this is a setting on the unit rather than in Android auto on the phone?
Phone setting. I had my Galaxy s7 set to the lowest power save setting and google maps frozed as soon as the phone went to sleep.
Power save off it works.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:

Hey @amec , can i grab model number and cost of unit and install? Really want to do this one, new baby, may not happen for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Phone setting. I had my Galaxy s7 set to the lowest power save setting and google maps frozed as soon as the phone went to sleep.
Power save off it works.
Cheers, I checked the settings on my Pixel 3 before a trip at the weekend.
It was laready on battery saver off, the linlk worked fine for some parts, but then fell over after only 5 mins at other times.

I've ready the Sony units (AX5000) have some common issues. Sony and google blame the USB cables...
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekthetree View Post
Cheers, I checked the settings on my Pixel 3 before a trip at the weekend.
It was laready on battery saver off, the linlk worked fine for some parts, but then fell over after only 5 mins at other times.

I've ready the Sony units (AX5000) have some common issues. Sony and google blame the USB cables...
The place i bought my Alpine unit from warned me off Sony because of connection issues.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpheys View Post
Hey @amec , can i grab model number and cost of unit and install? Really want to do this one, new baby, may not happen for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Alpine iLX-W650E

Cost was $750. I did the install myself, was not hard if you can turn a screwdriver and follow instructions with soldering.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
The place i bought my Alpine unit from warned me off Sony because of connection issues.
I didn't get much choice, and it's immeasurably superior to the stock item, but it is super inconsistent in it's disconnections.
This weekend I drove 1.5hours to Macedon Ranges, didn't drop once. On the way back, dropped 3 times in 5 mins.