Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Mechanical

Mechanical Discussion of mechanical matters

Old 04-02-20

Default Pajero DiD 06 - np engine stops.

Hi mechanics out there.
Driving home up and down a few small hills, now on the level road, car start slowing down - lights on dash, engine light, then engine stop completely.
Got out checked under bonnet, all OK. Start engine - starts and off I go again, engine light flickers a few times, only going steady at around 60k/hr.
Next day in for check and diagnostics, cannot find anything, comp read out finds no fualts. The mechanic said it probably went into LIMP mode. A get you home controlled speed.

Next day all good, except went up a hill and it started to show engine light again, then got better.

HELP - ANY IDEAS ?

Tim
Old 07-03-20

Gday Tim,

After you got the check engine light, did you check for codes again?

With the flash of the CEL you will have stored codes, even if the CEL turns off. That would be my first port to investigate.

Its been about four weeks since your post, any changes/findings or is it parked up due to this issue?

Cheers

Bennie
2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, no lift (yet), 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe