Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Old 29-10-19
Valued Member

Default The End of an Era?

This is taken from another website. Sad indeed, if it is true.

Mitsubishi Pajero Final Edition is limited to 1,000 units (300 units of 3 door and 700 units of five door); will also come with a unique number plaque Mitsubishi is going to discontinue the iconic off-roader Pajero globally. The Pajero was first introduced in 1982 and since then the model was a popular choice for hard core off-road enthusiasts. Even though Pajero can put some new generation SUV to shame in off-roading the competition have moved on and customers demand more from their vehicles. In the last few years, sales of Pajero were going down and finally the Japanese manufacturer has decided to pull the plug. To celebrate the long history of Pajero, Mitsubishi has introduced final edition models in both three door and five door body styles. The final edition is limited to 1000 units only (300 units of 3 door and 700 units of five door) and it will also come with a unique number plaque.

Read more at: gaadiwaadi.com/mitsubishi-pajero-final-edition-revealed-pajero-discontinued/
Old 29-10-19
Valued Member

Comes with 20'' wheels.

Made for school mum's, shopping centre car parks and Saturday netball.

Oh MM what are you doing?
Old 29-10-19
Valued Member

They'll be making them in China for years to come. And that means Russia will still get them too.

They had Gen 2 until about 2012, IIRC. Wasn't until the last couple of trips there that I saw any Gen 4s.

So, all good. As long as you don't mind left hand drive, that whole Asian overdone luxury look, two tone paint and a 6G72 engine (admittedly better than anything sold here, but sadly lacking in torque).
Old 29-10-19

I think that's just referring to the Japanese domestic market and not global production/sales?
Old 29-10-19
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDHHH View Post
I think that's just referring to the Japanese domestic market and not global production/sales?
I think you are right. We wont be seeing another shorty on these shores me thinks.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 29-10-19

Wonder if Shortys will be the new HQ holden in 10 years time
Old 30-10-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
Wonder if Shortys will be the new HQ holden in 10 years time
Loved my HQ , 202 big block with legendary trimatic 3 speed tranny. Did the quarter mile in 2 hours & took 3 days to stop from 100😂
Old 14-01-20
Valued Member

Talking to a guy at the local Mitsi dealership today and he said MM have done a U-turn and the Paj was most likely being resurrected with a new model late this year. Just talks but he sounded pretty certain.

Fix the problem with tow ball weights, put in some new styling, move the spare wheel so that you can carry a rubbish bag, raise the spare wheel so it clears the trailer better, keep the awesome donk and the Super select 4WD system and coupled with all Toyota's DPF problems they'd be on a big winner.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 15-01-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Talking to a guy at the local Mitsi dealership today and he said MM have done a U-turn and the Paj was most likely being resurrected with a new model late this year. Just talks but he sounded pretty certain.

Fix the problem with tow ball weights, put in some new styling, move the spare wheel so that you can carry a rubbish bag, raise the spare wheel so it clears the trailer better, keep the awesome donk and the Super select 4WD system and coupled with all Toyota's DPF problems they'd be on a big winner.
Yeah I hope so., I don't think it will be a straight diesel though, I reckon it will probably be PHEV.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 15-01-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post

More likely to be a rebadged Nissan Patrol If the "Alliance" have their way. The new mitsubishi L300 coming out this year is a Renault Trafic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: